MACNA 2017!! New Orleans, Louisiana!

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a Saints v. Texans preseason game on Saturday night (7pm). Tickets are starting around 10 bucks depending on what section you want to sit in. Just tossing that out there for any NFL fans...

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so hungry! Can't wait to get to MACNA in New Orleans! Not only Marine Aquariums but great food. IMHO, the best place for a Corned Beef sandwich or any sandwich or seafood and French Onion soup or just anything is Café Maspero (601 Decatur) OR Mena's Palace (200 Chartres) for Red Beans and Rice with Fried Chicken and Fried Tomatoes covered with Shrimp Remoulade OR Acme Oyster House (724 Iberville) OR Central Grocery and Deli (923 Decatur) for a Muffuletta OR do I go to someplace different? Shoot, I'm not gonna have enough time to eat at all of them! Anybody else have favorite places or plans of where they are eating while in New Orleans?
These sound awesome. I'm a food junkie. I looked up some of the places to go a while back.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will see me I always where one of my Hats to the show. I have found it help people remember me.:)
me.jpg
Picture rotates to the side no matter what I do.:)

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking the family. Its only 2 hours away. Started my tank about 6 months ago. So it works out great for me being so close :) Really looking forward to it. Going up friday afternoon. Not sure how late we will stay sunday though. Hopefully the wife is having fun and we can stay till the end.

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking the family. Its only 2 hours away. Started my tank about 6 months ago. So it works out great for me being so close :) Really looking forward to it. Going up friday afternoon. Not sure how late we will stay sunday though. Hopefully the wife is having fun and we can stay till the end.

Good Luck ;Happy I'm so ready too!! Maybe I'll see u there

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting in on Wednesday and have to leave first thing Monday morning to go to San Fran for business. This should be a great show! Looking forward to some of the late night get togethers. Fortunately I don't have to be in any meetings on Monday so I can catch up on all of the sleep I will be missing over the weekend.

Looking forward to saying Hi again Ed.

Jdeleon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will be checking in Thursday and working at Oceanlife booth, Saturday night the 2 clowns will be fighting so looking for a place to watch the fight if anyone knows of one. Wife and 4 year old daughter will be with me staying at the hotel if anyone can suggest any activities for them to do at French quarters while im working the whole weekend. she is already looking forward to the food and beignets. PS right after macna im headed straight south to venice and going out for yellowfin tuna on Monday morning, little bday gift to myself. all around should be a nice long weekend.

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will be checking in Thursday and working at Oceanlife booth, Saturday night the 2 clowns will be fighting so looking for a place to watch the fight if anyone knows of one. Wife and 4 year old daughter will be with me staying at the hotel if anyone can suggest any activities for them to do at French quarters while im working the whole weekend. she is already looking forward to the food and beignets. PS right after macna im headed straight south to venice and going out for yellowfin tuna on Monday morning, little bday gift to myself. all around should be a nice long weekend.

Since she is younger, the City Park is great with Storyland and Swan paddleboats.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back