MACNA 2017!! New Orleans, Louisiana!

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say it enough about MACNA. It is just awesome for information! The speakers are world class, vendors from every segment and the atmosphere of all the reef nerds is great! You'll have a blast! [emoji4]

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited to get to go. Wish I could go for more than just Saturday but nursing just doesn't understand & people have to be taken care of first. Since I am 4 hours away, I will bring an ice chest with me to bring home any treasures I purchase. What's the best way to carry or handle stuff you purchase while still looking at other items? I don't want to carry them in my 2 hands while I keep looking. I know I'll run out of hands & don't really want my stuff to sit in a bag while I continue to look at the exhibits & listen to speakers. I have 2 zoas in my 100gal tank so I'm planning on purchasing some items.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited to get to go. Wish I could go for more than just Saturday but nursing just doesn't understand & people have to be taken care of first. Since I am 4 hours away, I will bring an ice chest with me to bring home any treasures I purchase. What's the best way to carry or handle stuff you purchase while still looking at other items? I don't want to carry them in my 2 hands while I keep looking. I know I'll run out of hands & don't really want my stuff to sit in a bag while I continue to look at the exhibits & listen to speakers. I have 2 zoas in my 100gal tank so I'm planning on purchasing some items.

Most (if not all) the vendors will hold your frags and bag them whenever you are ready. I've purchased items on friday and had them bagged on sunday with no issues. Corals were fine even after flying home in my checked luggage.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this http://buildinganobsession.com/products/bao-trek

and I just got one of these. http://buildinganobsession.com/products/personal-sized-frag-transport

FullSizeRender.jpg

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The individual frag transport system made by buildinganobsession are out of stock today on their website but will be in stock & available before New Orleans convention. I contacted them & they said they are going to have a booth set up & selling the transport systems at the convention. Yeah!! I'll have to look for them first before buying my frags. These look like a really great product at a great price. See ya'll in New Orleans.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I posted about them. :( Great that they will be there. That's the great thing about MACNA all the aquarium vendors attend. I would pick one up early because I bet he will sell alot of them>:)

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be sorry about posting the information about the transportation systems. If he sells out, it's not meant for me to have one. No big deal. If I can't get one there or before the convention, I'll just get one after. No big deal but glad you posted because I didn't know that type of item was available. :)

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What hotel do you guys recommend me booking?
i already payed the entry to macna juts missing flight and hotel the hilton seems far from the venue thats why im asking since there are closer hotels

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to stay at the convention hotel as there are tons of late night parties and I don't like walking too far [emoji3]

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ Yup. It's worth it to stay at the convention hotel always. There's a lot that goes on outside the show hours (and it doesn't all revolve around alcohol if that's not your thing).

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an e-mail from buildinganobsession. The individual frag transport system is now in stock. I just ordered mine. I was really surprised to get an e-mail telling me they were back in stock. That's never happened before. They are really great guys. If you haven't been there before you're gonna love it. I'm from Louisiana & I love New Orleans & go every chance I get and now with the MACNA, couldn't get any better. See ya'll in New Orleans! Laissez le bon temps rouler; "Let the Good Times Roll"!

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so hungry! Can't wait to get to MACNA in New Orleans! Not only Marine Aquariums but great food. IMHO, the best place for a Corned Beef sandwich or any sandwich or seafood and French Onion soup or just anything is Café Maspero (601 Decatur) OR Mena's Palace (200 Chartres) for Red Beans and Rice with Fried Chicken and Fried Tomatoes covered with Shrimp Remoulade OR Acme Oyster House (724 Iberville) OR Central Grocery and Deli (923 Decatur) for a Muffuletta OR do I go to someplace different? Shoot, I'm not gonna have enough time to eat at all of them! Anybody else have favorite places or plans of where they are eating while in New Orleans?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm crashing at my little brother and his wife's place in the Garden District off of Magazine Street. For those of you who haven't been to NOLA, you're in for one heck of a treat... awesome food, booze and music. May even try to squeeze in and book a light tackle red fishing charter down in the bayou while I'm there! :D

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back