Man Vs Bryopsis - Kent's, Continuum, and Vibrant treatment thread

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a bottle of VIBRANT - Reef aquarium cleaner. I saw a video on youtube of a guys tank filling with bryopsis like mine. He used this stuff for a few weeks and and it completely eliminated it, along with bubble, and GHA. If this doesnt work i have a bottle of 35% H2O2, and a complete tear down with have to happen.
I already went the drastic route, so here is hoping you don't have to. Keep the thread going man and thanks for all of the updates.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I researched Vibrant quite a bit the other night rigor to ordering. Many were saying snake oil, however there was positive feedback for those who used it. One youtuber somewhat documented its effectiveness on Bry with fantastic results. A member here has made claim to excellent bubble algae. It looks like 4-6 weeks are required to fully eliminate. Says its reef safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youtube video "documentation" of beating Bryopsis with Vibrant
Day 1 -

Day 2 -

Victory -

His situation was like what mine is. Luckily his video quality is really good. you all can see what I believe to be the male and female parts of the Bryopsis colonies. Notice the light to dark green ferns, and the long green to brown strands. I believe it is multi sexed and fertilizes the ferns. The ferns break away like dandilions and then attach in new places. Once there is a plentiful ammount of male strands to fertilize, the outbreak becomes enough to really become noticable. None of that is researched. Its all theory, basing off of some basic agriculture knowledge, and watching my invasion unfold. Father is also a retired nursery man/farmer.

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find @stevo01
I unfortunately have some bry that came in on a zoa frag I had bought. Ended up throwing it out but of course was to late.
I do not have a major outbreak and I am pretty vigilant with removal of any I see pop up but need a permanent resolution.
I have been reading and watching along hoping for your success.
I went ahead and bought continuum and also started MicroBacter clean.
Presently I have brought my mag up to 1840. Now I just hit that today so can't say noticing much just yet.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what came today?!

IMG_5150.JPG

I just did the first dose of 2ml. The bottle instructions says to dose once a week for a dirty tank. Im going to dose twice a week. Hahaha!

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope you find the "killer" formula. I'm going on week 2 of elevated mag and it (bryopsis) looks bad but still won't die! Devil's weed is spot on.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually turns white before dying. I'd say it's not going to work for you, unfortunately.

Yeah I would say that it is the worst algae to get in your tank been doing the m tech treatment for about 4 weeks it's turning brown but not dying

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what came today?!

IMG_5150.JPG

I just did the first dose of 2ml. The bottle instructions says to dose once a week for a dirty tank. Im going to dose twice a week. Hahaha!
So what are the instructions? Just curious about how it is supposed to work...

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"For a very well taken care of, clean aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once every 2 weeks.

For a dirtier aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once per week.

There is no need to discontinue the use of any filtration while using Vibrant.

Vibrant is safe with all fish, corals and invertebrates.

Vibrant works differently in every aquarium. Some people see almost instant results and some people will have to do multiple treatments for it to kick in and take over. If the first dose knocks it out, great! If not, follow the dosing schedule and sooner than later you will have a clean Vibrant tank also :)" - Underwater Creations

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing some heavy removal today. Doing a water change, and after im adding 2ml's to my 20g. I added it once on thursday. Im thinking since I have a serious issue im going to double dose, as did the guy in the youtube video's above.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using this vibrant it also says you can still do your weekly or bi weekly waterchanges, which is awesome compared to neglecting the WC's to maintain high Mg.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed Mr. guiry. don't want to bug him too much but thought one more email wouldn't hurt.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back