OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my CP from Ebay today and will do the dose for the scooter blenny tomorrow. Says 40 mg per gal, or 1/8 t for 10 gal for QT or for Marine Velvet 1/4 t per 10 g. Will do a small water change first. Does he need the full 30 days or just 10. Other fish are nearly done with their copper treatment and I can add carbon and such to the canister filter on that tank. When the blenny is done with his treatment, he'll join them until all can be returned to the DT or DR. I think he'll continue to eat. He seems to be doing fine. Then I can sterilize the tank and be ready for a couple of new fish to qt to time when tank is no longer fallow

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should think that he'd need at least 14 days or so in CP, with intense observation for a couple of weeks following up, in a separate, clean QT - not the display. If you're thinking of dropping him directly into the display from QT, I'd go the full 30 days. (And I'd probably still do some clean-water observation. Velvet scares me. :eek:)

~Bruce

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Maritimer He I think is going to be resistant to velvet. The exposure was end of June. Yes, it has taken me this long to get the cp for him. I had him in copper for a day before learning he shouldn't be in copper. He actually had to go back into the main display just to get him back eating and doing well again. I've been fallow for 8 days now <g> and he's been in his clean water QT and seems to be doing well. The other fish end their copper treatment on Thurs. All fish will remain in QT tanks until October, after the 76 days fallow. So the question is whether I go the 30 days and then put him in with the others in the 20 gal or do 14, observe for another 2 weeks and then put him in with others.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back