OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the trim up today. Its not complete, but it gives you an idea of the finished product. We still need to fill the gaps in the corners and paint it, but its pretty good.
1479076816696.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the trim up today. Its not complete, but it gives you an idea of the finished product. We still need to fill the gaps in the corners and paint it, but its pretty good.
1479076816696.jpg
That looks sharp.:cool:

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks sharp.:cool:

Really looking good Meredith.

Looking good!

Thanks guys! I'm really nervous about this part because it's the main viewing area. It's gotta look good to be worth it ya know? Filling in the gaps in the corners, and making it look good, is going to be the hardest part I think. After that's done, I need to get a ladder for the fish room (the tank is as tall as I am) and get inside to clean the tank and start plumbing it. The sump is done, so I'll bring it home tomorrow and pick up another return pump. We will also start working on the water mixing station soon. Lots of excting things coming up!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I'm really nervous about this part because it's the main viewing area. It's gotta look good to be worth it ya know? Filling in the gaps in the corners, and making it look good, is going to be the hardest part I think. After that's done, I need to get a ladder for the fish room (the tank is as tall as I am) and get inside to clean the tank and start plumbing it. The sump is done, so I'll bring it home tomorrow and pick up another return pump. We will also start working on the water mixing station soon. Lots of excting things coming up!

Caulk and paint is your friend with basic trim. Who ever mitered the corners did a really good job. Fill the corners and outside the frame with latex caulk and paint;) only you will know the imperfections and 99% of who ever else will be looking at the tank.:)

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caulk and paint is your friend with basic trim. Who ever mitered the corners did a really good job. Fill the corners and outside the frame with latex caulk and paint;) only you will know the imperfections and 99% of who ever else will be looking at the tank.:)

+1 caulk, sandpaper and paint are your friend. Besides once the tank is full no one will notice the trim

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1479076816696.jpg
I'm jealous......

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1479076816696.jpg

So nice!! Congrats!

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!

And I will give you a pass on not wearing gloves. ;)
However, when doing demo work or really any time working with power tools you should have safety glasses on! I don't see any in the pictures! o_O

I know.. I'm a bit overboard when it comes to safety. I guess it comes from working at a steel mill. I've gotten to the point where safety glasses are like seat belts. It just feels wrong to work with tools and not have a pair on.
And hammers, I've had ricochets ding off of mine after striking.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hooked, can't wait to see this filled!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nice!! Congrats!

Tank and frame look really nice. Congrats!

I'm hooked, can't wait to see this filled!

WOW that's really nice. You guys are a good team

Thanks guys! It's really coming together. The pressure is all on me now since most of the rest is up to me to put together, like the plumbing, the rock, the sand, pumps, filling it. OH man!!! It's a lot and I really want to get it wet by thanksgiving if I can. That would be ahead of schedule since I originally set Christmas as the fill date. My husband has to have the electrical box done by the time I start filling it though. Hopefully he has the time to get it finished soon.

I brought home the sump today after letting it cure over the weekend at the shop. It looks pretty darn good. I'm going to make a homedepot run tomorrow for plumbing supplies and purchase the return pumps on wednesday. I'll be placing an order for sand and rocks on friday and hopefully have that pretty quick. Then it's all about getting it filled! The rest of it can be done while the tank is cycling.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back