Michael Jordan " THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME "

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted by Oceanparadise1
LOL o man........love talking to people who really just dont understand the game..........

Haha me too! its funny reading some of the stuff you have said on this thread in my opinion you think you know and understand basketball but your not a true fan. you dont pay attention to all teams all players and if you did you wouldn't be saying and stating half the things you have been.

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for this thread getting all personal i agree but thats what happens when you're discussing something you have interest or passion in. I'm done trying to get ppl to understand stats and true facts they don't want to believe ; ) ocean can have fun trying to fight his opinion which more then half the ppl on here have disagreed with him lol.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id half to say more then half the people agree with me on here that point blank kobe isnt as good as mj and stats dont mean everything, if they did they like i said Shaq is the best shooter in the league

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its non sense im not getting out easy u guys are just making moronic statements, everything is NOT about the numbers, any one who plays the games knows this im done debating something thats so stupid and when theres only 3 people who agree with you....Any true bball player knows theres more to bball then stats, not everything is a stat......Ewing IS a better shooting center then yao, and Jordan is better then kobe....man, u have no idea about anything in basketball

This isnt even about stats when u say shooting... This is what im thinking.

Your telling me from 17 feet out Ewing will out shoot Yao? Thats what im thinkin ur saying if not correct me? Cuz theres no wya that is gonna happen...

Now if ur talking about Post moves and yadda yadda, then its closer and ewing is better.

But if ur talking about faving the goal and a mid range jumper thats easily Yao.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id half to say more then half the people agree with me on here that point blank kobe isnt as good as mj and stats dont mean everything, if they did they like i said Shaq is the best shooter in the league

Come on Phil. If you know bball then you know how he is comparing the stats. You know its not right to compare and center and Sg stats. Comparing center for center is good...

Im not even worried about the stats as ewing being a better shooter. Cuz if u hoesntly think he can out shoot Yao, Pao. Okur... Come on Phil. Better n the post maybe, but not a better pure shooter.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Point said.

Stats dont mean it all.

MJ had better stats, but I do believe Kobe is better than His Airness. Not lookin at stats.

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that MJ and Kobe are about even. They were\are both great in their time. MJ kinda set the stage for players like Kobe and Dwayne Wade and so on. JMO.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work with 49 guys and I decided to take about 45 minutes to go around ask them about Kobe's place in the NBA and if he was better then MJ. Two of them, both were under 30 said Kobe was in the top 5. 39 of them said Kobe was in the top 10. 8 of them said top 15. NONE of them think Kobe is better then MJ.

Aside from the few posters in this thread, I have yet to find someone who believes Kobe is better or equal to MJ.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what's missing in this question of who is better.... When they are on the court who runs the court such as MJ was the leader he made shots and passed to get shots from other people told people what to do he ran the court. He is what is called in football a "field general". Kobe could only wish to do that at this point in his career, he is a ball hog or at least in most of his career so far he has been. MJ made other players better by being on the court and doing what he did. Kobe hasn't reached that level yet, if he ever will? MJ for that reason alone to me stats aside makes him better then Kobe because MJ's presents on the court much like Magic, Bird, even Thomas.

How is that for stirring the pot! of course it could all be a bunch of BS too....LOL

Since I quit watching basketball after it became non-team sport.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're here Greg I have a question. ;)

Is this you?
An Interview With Greg Carroll From Empire Distribution
Not quite! I look more like Chef in my avatar. I can be better descibed as a burning chunk of chocolate love!
chef_smiley.gif

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, that makes absolutely no sense but good try. A player that ONLY played one game or one season in his entire NBA career and shot 10 shots in that time frame and made 9 of them doesn't mean he was the best shooter of all-time. HOWEVER, when comparing two centers that played in the NBA for an extended period of time and are being compared and whose shooting abilities are being discussed, then numbers do count. Like I said my favorite NBA player of all-time is PATRICK EWING (yes over jordan and kobe and kareem and magic) even though i have always been a lakers fan. And while he never won a ring, I considered him as greatness (at least in my book). Yes I realize he took more than twice as many shots as Yao but Yao is a more pure shooter than Patrick was and his fg % proves it. When did you ever see Patrick take 3 point shots, he would always pass it to that loser Starks for the missed 3. It isn't unlike Pao to shoot and drain a 3. And although I still have my Ewing #33 jersey in my closet, I'm a realist and it is what it is.
My bad for the misspelling of his name. Artis Gilmore. But shame on you for having no clue who he was. He certainly was not someone who played a couple games. He played in 6 time NBA All-Star and a 5 time ABA All-Star. And by the way, he scored slightly more points in his professional career than Ewing. He also averaged 12.3 rebounds per game. To top off, he still holds the career record for rebounds per game for NCAA Div 1 schools at 22.7 RPG.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what's missing in this question of who is better.... Kobe could only wish to do that at this point in his career, he is a ball hog or at least in most of his career so far he has been. MJ made other players better by being on the court and doing what he did. Kobe hasn't reached that level yet, if he ever will?

Since I quit watching basketball after it became non-team sport.

Jordan for a career averaged 5.3 assist a game.
Kobe for his career averages 4.6 assist a game.

And hes a ball hog? Jordan aint even a full assist ahead

Back