Michael Jordan " THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME "

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no, you don't get off that easy...Don't run out with your tail between your legs, what's your response to me saying Yao is a better shooter than Patrick?

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its non sense im not getting out easy u guys are just making moronic statements, everything is NOT about the numbers, any one who plays the games knows this im done debating something thats so stupid and when theres only 3 people who agree with you....Any true bball player knows theres more to bball then stats, not everything is a stat......Ewing IS a better shooting center then yao, and Jordan is better then kobe....man, u have no idea about anything in basketball

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for showing everyone reading this thread what an idiot you are. HOW can Ewing be a better shooting center than Yao when he shot 50% for his career and Yao shot 52%? I know not everything in basketball is a stat, but you said he was a better shooter and stats don't lie who was a better shooter. You don't have to know anything about basketball, and even if you put those numbers in front of 7 yr old and asked what's higher and better, he would say 52% is higher therefore better. Ok, I'm done making you look like a ***** on this thead, moving on. Thanks for playing and we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol thank you for proving me right once again, ewing shot ALOT more in his career like i said numbers arent everything, learn the game for real, then lets talk

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's keep it civil folks it is not that important to get personal....Please discuss with out the name calling and getting personal.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for showing everyone reading this thread what an idiot you are. HOW can Ewing be a better shooting center than Yao when he shot 50% for his career and Yao shot 52%? I know not everything in basketball is a stat, but you said he was a better shooter and stats don't lie who was a better shooter. You don't have to know anything about basketball, and even if you put those numbers in front of 7 yr old and asked what's higher and better, he would say 52% is higher therefore better. Ok, I'm done making you look like a ***** on this thead, moving on. Thanks for playing and we have some lovely parting gifts for you.
You are kidding right? Becaus by using that rational, why are we leaving Artest Gilmore out of the conversation. Obviosly you would feel he was the best shooter of all time. Or do you not even know who he was?

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are kidding right? Becaus by using that rational, why are we leaving Artest Gilmore out of the conversation. Obviosly you would feel he was the best shooter of all time. Or do you not even know who he was?

I completely forgot about him Greg, great post. :bigsmile:

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Greg, that makes absolutely no sense but good try. A player that ONLY played one game or one season in his entire NBA career and shot 10 shots in that time frame and made 9 of them doesn't mean he was the best shooter of all-time. HOWEVER, when comparing two centers that played in the NBA for an extended period of time and are being compared and whose shooting abilities are being discussed, then numbers do count. Like I said my favorite NBA player of all-time is PATRICK EWING (yes over jordan and kobe and kareem and magic) even though i have always been a lakers fan. And while he never won a ring, I considered him as greatness (at least in my book). Yes I realize he took more than twice as many shots as Yao but Yao is a more pure shooter than Patrick was and his fg % proves it. When did you ever see Patrick take 3 point shots, he would always pass it to that loser Starks for the missed 3. It isn't unlike Pao to shoot and drain a 3. And although I still have my Ewing #33 jersey in my closet, I'm a realist and it is what it is.

Last edited:

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support mike :) just proving my point that its not all about numbers so looks like i made my point pretty well huh :)

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, that makes absolutely no sense but good try. A player that played one game or one season for that fact and shot 10 shots in that time frame and made 9 of them doesn't mean he was the best shooter of all-time. HOWEVER, when comparing two centers that played in the NBA for an extended period of time and are being compared and whose shooting abilities are being discussed, then numbers do count. Like I said my favorite NBA player of all-time is PATRICK EWING (yes over jordan and kobe and kareem and magic) even though i have always been a lakers fan. And while he never won a ring, I considered him as greatness (at least in my book). Yes I realize he took more than twice as many shots as Yao but Yao is a more pure shooter than Patrick was and his fg % proves it. And although I still have my Ewing #33 jersey in my closet, I'm a realist and it is what it is.

So your saying that shaq is a better pure shooter then ewing.....you should stop while you are a head bc you keep digging your self deaper i am 100% right here and you are wrong....btw what are my prizes like u said since i was right

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your saying that shaq is a better pure shooter then ewing.....you should stop while you are a head bc you keep digging your self deaper i am 100% right here and you are wrong....btw what are my prizes like u said since i was right

Sorry KID, I left you back on post #189..you just don't get it and I don't have time to teach those with special needs.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously why do people have to get all bent out of shape when someone doesnt think the way you think they should? This thread has gotten real out of hand and personal and as much as I don't want to "discipline" the kids, LOL, I am going to have to close this thread if it doesnt start turning around for the good.

Seriously stop the personal post! Thanks.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry KID, I left you back on post #189..you just don't get it and I don't have time to teach those with special needs.

o like u said KID ur not getting off that easy whats ur response to the numbers now that i just proved that kobe cant shoot as good as shaq, at least thats what ur saying bc numbers dont lie....LOL GOTCHA AT YA OWN GAME!!!!!! like lil flip said.... GAME OVA!!!!!!!

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, you are absolutely correct about being civil. I will simply answer Ocean's last post and not post on this thread again.
To answer your question very simply Ocean, Shaq is a center and the majority of his high field goal shooting percentage has come from dunks. Kobe on the other hand has the majority of his percentage coming from perimeter shots. In this case, a higher percentage does not equate to being a better shooter. You are comparing apples and oranges. Ok, I'm done here.

Back