Moonshiners method feedback

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep….complete waste of money. Please do NOT play with trace element dosing.

IMG_1486.jpeg

Just an average tank for me. Is this your proof that RM works ?? Really ??

I can show you many tanks that just do the basics and proper maintenance and the tank is much better than that. So I guess I prove you are wrong right ?

For some people RM works but for others it doesn´t. Why ??? Isn't that science? ;)

Having elements in seawater does not necessarily mean that they have an important role. We can find gold in seawater for example. Do you dose gold ? :face-with-tongue:

We humans are immersed in the air, and we only use oxygen from the atmosphere to breathe, the other elements are useless to us. Just a simple example for children

Cheers

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I can show you many tanks that just do the basics and proper maintenance and the tank is much better than that. So I guess I prove you are wrong right ?

For some people RM works but for others it doesn´t. Why ??? Isn't that science? ;)

Having elements in seawater does not necessarily mean that they have an important role. We can find gold in seawater for example. Do you dose gold ? :face-with-tongue:

We humans are immersed in the air, and we only use oxygen from the atmosphere to breathe, the other elements are useless to us. Just a simple example for children

Cheers
I don’t think RM claims it’s the only method for success. I’ve had success with basic two part, periodic additives and RM methods. For me, RM has been the most successful for growing stagnant acro’s and improving colors. I will admit I was skeptical (especially with the initial buy-in cost), but I was willing to try something new and it has paid off. If there are some elements that aren’t needed and I wasted my money, I have to accept that (or take them out and experiment with my own tank). I can’t deny the results RM has given me, but I’m not a scientist so I’m not carrying a RM booklet around and preaching it on Sunday’s either.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s only 1 yr of growth.

I can show you several Moonshine tanks that can compete with your tanks. There’s pros in our group too. The argument has never been that corals can’t grow without dosing elements. There are other ways to supplement and run a reef especially if you’re an old school seasoned pro. Here’s the problem… most reefers aren’t seasoned pro’s, and they do not have you and your buddy’s ability. The pictures you posted are “far” from average reef tanks. Most reefers in the hobby have a system under 3 years, and many of these reefers need direction. They need solid advice. I’ve seen tank after tank improve with the Moonshine method. Literally thousands at this point.

Here’s the question:

Can you guide and show folks how to achieve your results? The problem is that you say your method is just as good (maybe it is), but can you help reefers achieve your results? If you can’t, then what good is your method if nobody can replicate your results?

Having elements in seawater does not necessarily mean that they have an important role.
Ok, then stop doing your water changes and let’s see what happens. Prove it to me. Let’s find out what elements play an important role? :)

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, I´m not a pro. Reefing is very, very easy. My method? I don´t have one, I just copied what I saw 25 years ago from successful people. I just test alk weekly, do some water change, good flow, good light, good skimmer and that´s it. Very simple.

This is just a hobby, relax ;)

Cheers

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone dosing to keep their Alk stable while using this method? I am currently using ESV 2 part but it has elevated levels of trace element that I don't want to be adding on top of what I am going to be dosing through MS. I have high PH so Kalk might not be the best option for me.
I use ESV. And I do small daily water changes.
I figure as long as I'm pretty consistent, my daily dosing will remain consistent.

Just an average tank for me.
1700313576887.png

For MANY people on here, they'd kill to have that successful of a tank. ;)
Looks awesome to me and I've been around the block.

I chose to do the Shine on my current tank after having successful tanks using other methods, and it's not because I think it will grow better coral than without. It's to make sure I'm starting (and staying) with a solid baseline of water chemistry. It's one less variable, knowing that any problem is not due to lack of this element or that. I know that all my minor elements are accounted for and stable, leaving me to just focus on the big 3 and No3/Po4. And none of it is just based on faith, like trying to use water changes or bottles of AF/RedSea/Triton, hoping that maybe the tank is getting what it needs. Water changes here are done strictly for nutrient removal.

RM is just another tool available to be used or not. It's not some magic pill and it's not marketed that way.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, I´m not a pro. Reefing is very, very easy. My method? I don´t have one, I just copied what I saw 25 years ago from successful people. I just test alk weekly, do some water change, good flow, good light, good skimmer and that´s it. Very simple.

This is just a hobby, relax ;)

Cheers

This is serious business! Haha.

Since you don’t have a tank currently. Start with 1-2” frags on the new build. I’ll follow your build and see how fast you can grow them.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is serious business! Haha.

Since you don’t have a tank currently. Start with 1-2” frags on the new build. I’ll follow your build and see how fast you can grow them.
He does have a tank.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can grow

Old tank. He sold all his SPS and is starting a new system.

Ha. You aren’t up to date. I’m a Denadai Superfan.

I messaged him on instagram. He has a new tank and a backup with coral that he will transfer to the new display soon.

If you scrolled down 2 more posts, you would have seen this:

IMG_7368.png

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a smart move starting with established rock. Hard to tell if that is LR or cooked rock.?

ReeferB28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reef Moonshiners definitely has the evidence that it does in fact work well at getting corals to grow and color up. However, these results can be replicated with any major brands PRO version of salt, plus an Ionically-Balanced complete 2-pt balling system. I've used the Red Sea Pro /ATI essentials pro 2pt combo for years, and haven't looked back.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's biologically required then perhaps.

But simply replacing a depleted element in a tank simply because it exists in seawater with no documented biochemical use is simply a waste of money.

No rocket science at all.
I'm no scientist of any study, but I think rocket science strictly deals with rockets lolol :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 59 29.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back