Most Hard To Keep Zoa/Paly List

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had real good luck with mauls until i added reefbrites. then i lost 5 colonies in a mater of three weeks. i lost hundreds of polyps when i changed lights, seems like i also have alot of problems with people eaters

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread! Can't help but notice that the "Easy z &P" thread was only 2 pages and this was hit 5 real quick!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hhhhmmm, don't know that I'd call 2 years real quick, but it was a good one to revive.

Jas8943

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow jackets i have bought them 4 times and they all ways melt they are the only zoa/paly that have melted every time for me

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blood shots are my bane. They are pretty but they melt like butter in a microwave for me. I have kept quite a few that others struggle with so maybe i just have that off tank for zoas. I know that they dont care for dkh over about 10.5 every time mine creeps up to about 10.9 I see some closing. Just an observation in my tank.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow paly's for me.... Have had the same 4 I purchased for 5 months. Have tried low light, med light.... All I have left is high light.

perryxcore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like "Me z" stated, those bloodshots are insanely easy to lose, I got no problems with mauls, hornets, or ppe (knock on wood) but all three frags of bloodshots grow then close up and whither...however this last frag had closed up and shriveled for literally 3 months and last week started to open so here's hopin!

1Snapple

3g Picotope
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant keep RPE, they just bleach and stay there, dont grow, don't close.
My captain americas also won't grow.

evb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JF Bloodshots, Valentines day Massacres, Darth Mauls and Purple Deaths (lol I really don't understand this one.) REFUSE to stay alive in my tank. I have tried them all 3 or 4 times same results. Everything else is fine those 4 polyps I cannot keep.

Toombs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GPE's, Magicians, PPE's, sheesh, looking at it about 40% of people eaters just close and never open or just don't grow =\

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I have a love hate relationship with zoas and palys!

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread!

so far i have not had any problems at all with any of my zoas all of mine seem to grow and open just fine. I would say i am nearing about 50 morphs with no problems with any. I do have about 5-6 different PE's and i do have a small colony of 60ish ATL Tripple Reds, and a few other unknown micro zoas, tubbs, kedds, rose nebulas, purple deaths, nuc greens. With no problems.

I do think that you need a seperate tank for zoas, softies, shrooms, for them to really thrive. Keeping them in a tank where you are trying to keep the water perfect for your SPS,LPS and delicates, your zoas usually (and i said usually) won't thrive.

my 2 cents.
+1 because i have a tank whit sps,lps and when i try to grow a polyp on that tank they melt,so i try whit my other tank of softies and they never melt,im sure the zoas and palys dont like the perfect water,they love hight flow,ligthing and nutrients

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
soprano.jpg
african blue steel.jpg
5.jpg
apocalypse.jpg
j3.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back