My babies! (H. Erectus Seahorses)!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW congrats on the new fish room! Was it your birthday yesterday? If so happy birthday!

Good to hear on the baby's eating, I can't wait to see some pic's! Can you get a vid of them eating?

LPAJ5280

University of Northern CO
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a seahorse tank of my own (h. Kellogi) but mine have never had babies. That is AWSOME that you have undertaken to raise them!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank looks nice!

BTW-Did you register you sucssess on any breeders site?Not many of young age(which Im assuming your young?)have bread sea horses before.

OP
OP
B

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Clowns!

I haven't. I have been posting on Seahorse.org recently, but not really any breeding sites! And yes, I just turned 17. :)

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem...

Try looking up breeders registry,becoem a member and report what you have done.Good luck

OP
OP
B

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights look super bright on that tank, or is it just the way its picked up on the camera? What size pendents are those?

They aren't as bright as they appear -- it is just the iPhone I took the video from. They are PAR38 LED bulbs.

No problem...

Try looking up breeders registry,becoem a member and report what you have done.Good luck

Thanks for the information! I hadn't ever heard of it before... checking it out now.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW very sweet! pretty impressive that you just turned 17 and can breed seahorses.... not bad there ATX!!

Uninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my goodness they are soo adorable i hope things go well. i want to try this too in the future it looks nice :3 i have sooo much envy toward u right now

edit: i forgot to say... Congratulations!!!!

Last edited:

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm quite envious of your success:). I've gotten more to live for longer each brood (two full ones and one where I overslept and only got 5 before being sucked into ph's and overflow)., but have none right now... Sat or Sunday should be my next chance. I need to get some Dan's enrichment, I think.

OP
OP
B

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gflat! I am very surprised and excited that I've made it this far. I found one dead this morning, but all of the others are thriving. I introduced finely minced mysis this morning, and very few are taking to it. However, that is expected. It is still nice that they are eating cyclopees, though.

My next brood is coming any day now. I am expecting it in tomorrow morning sometime. My biggest male has a pouch that is about the width of a quarter (looking at the face of a quarter, not the side) at the moment. The new fry will be in a 10g tank with a sponge filter so they don't get blown away. I was very skeptical about putting the NEW fry in with the 3-4 (almost 4-5) week olds. With the success I'm having with them, I couldn't risk it.

I will post pictures in the morning if they arrive... hopefully I have time to tend to their needs before I have to leave at 6:00 AM for an all day tennis tournament!

OP
OP
B

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure! It'll be taken from my iPhone... will try to post it in about 30 minutes.

Well, not really 30 minutes later, but later is better than never! As promised.... a video of the babies, and a few fun pictures!

Gigantor! (Bart)
55c66d6c.jpg

Seahorse Tree, anyone?!
bf64634e.jpg

And last but not least, a crappy iPhone video!
YouTube - H. Erectus Seahorses at 4-5 weeks old!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back