My new Ruby red dragonet

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are they going for now?!? I heard anywhere from $50-300....

OP
OP
M&M

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, care is pretty much like other dragonets. I paid 49 for it, that's the going rate for it in my area.

casey187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yours looks bigger than the pair i bought. Mine are so small i am afraid to put them in my display. I don't want my sexy shrimp to eat them. They are definitely a lot brighter than the regular reds.

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice fish M&M. I was able to get one about a week ago. He is very active and easy to spot with his vibrant red coloration. His is tiny right now compared to my two other dragonets. I have a female target dragonet and a female psychedelic dragonet and neither one seems to mind the Ruby Red.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got one a couple of weeks ago for $35. He decided to jump a couple of days later. I even had a top on. Hopefully I can try again soon.

SDREEFS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish you have there!!! Looks happy

On the other smh for a store or wholesale giving a fish away driving down the market. Its a special care fish that shouldnt be dirt cheap. Most ive seen sold are 50-75 for one

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup got mine a few weeks ago at my LFS SomethingsFishy for 19.99 . I was adding Tigerpods and copepods but Yesterday my ruby started eating brine shrimp ! hurra ! Love watching it pick at things in my 12gal reef .

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish you have there!!! Looks happy

On the other smh for a store or wholesale giving a fish away driving down the market. Its a special care fish that shouldnt be dirt cheap. Most ive seen sold are 50-75 for one
I don't think the LFS or wholesale are giving fish away . Miami has a great fish wholesaler near Miami airport . I can see the high price in the middle of the country where wholesalers have to ship to all different cities . My LFS just has to drive 30min to pick up fish and corals .

SDREEFS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the LFS or wholesale are giving fish away . Miami has a great fish wholesaler near Miami airport . I can see the high price in the middle of the country where wholesalers have to ship to all different cities . My LFS just has to drive 30min to pick up fish and corals .

Shouldnt be the case at all. A regural Red scooter Blenny sells for 19.99, this is a fish that has much better coloration and is new to the hobby. I get that miami is a place of import and there is competition all over miami, but buy selling this fish 19.99 does the fish no respect. Just giving it away. The hobby has high priced livestock because it's things that should all be handle with caution, being as its going from its home in the ocean, to a fish bowl. The Price is there to try to justify the rarity of the livestock and that the purchaser will recognize it and treat it with care. Otherwise if they're dirt cheap every one will try to get one and the result there will be poeple owning them for 6 months then dying because their diet isn't supported and then it's just another thing we took away from the ocean.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Miami LFS is trying to run the price down. It's just that other LFS is marking it way up since it's new and hard to find. Just like PS4....you know you can buy it at $399 with time; but if you needs it now? pay $600 and you got it in day one. If Miami store sell it for $20...it might cost them $15....so for the store that sells it for $99...that's a $84 mark up.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back