My new Ruby red dragonet

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I don't think high price equal to need for special care. High price is just that cost a lot. I have designer clownfish$300-400 pairs....they are rare but their care is the same as $12 clownfish. Ruby red dragonet care I am assuming is the same as green or target dragonet....why is green dragonet on saltwaterfish.com for $5 and ruby red at LFS at $100?

Because some people will pay that price. It new and LFS want to make as much money they can. It have nothing to do with how hard it is to care....if that's the case, all dragonet should be $80-100 each.

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Dragonet in a 12g? Very sad to hear. :( These fish are Dragonets & should be treated as such!
Why ? Mine is well fed . no pinched stomack . It`s not a large fish little less then an inch . this fish would disappear on a 300 gal tank . Oh well dragonet Police

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Miami LFS is trying to run the price down. It's just that other LFS is marking it way up since it's new and hard to find. Just like PS4....you know you can buy it at $399 with time; but if you needs it now? pay $600 and you got it in day one. If Miami store sell it for $20...it might cost them $15....so for the store that sells it for $99...that's a $84 mark up.

I asked and he says they are being bred now and its no longer the rare fish it was 6 months ago.... When he first got them in he must have had 25 or more.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine it's similar to mandarins and scooters; females will get along with each other and a male, but males will often fight.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spotted mandarin that I have on frozen foods that has been in my 10G reef for going on 4 years. I would agree that a mandarin that will not come to prepared foods will eventually perish due to pods being gone from its diet, but in todays time im seeing a large increase in the sustainability of these in the aquarium trade with the ability to purchase pods and being able to change their diet.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one, it's due to arrive Thursday....can't wait to see it in person!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love these fish!

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot I took a video of mine when I first got him, be sure to crank it up to HD if you can to see his intricate pattern:

[video=youtube_share;wBtjaTi-SgA]http://youtu.be/wBtjaTi-SgA[/video]

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh.....Not a fan of the red. I love mandarins, but if I was going red and yellow, I would have stuck with freshwater. I got into salt for real color.

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh.....Not a fan of the red. I love mandarins, but if I was going red and yellow, I would have stuck with freshwater. I got into salt for real color.

Thanks for sharing now I will get rid of my red and yellow in my tank so I can have real color

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.8%
Back