Mystery Shark Egg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I follow?! I have to see how this turns out!!!
you just have to reply or like when notified,miss one or two will lose and have to look,book mark is good idea too

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When he's born we should all chip in and buy him

"My Sharks First Frickin Laser Gun!"
think-geek-shark-with-laser-pointer.png

Made by Virtucon Inc.
At Virtucon we feel that every Shark deserves a warm meal.
:p :p

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will keep in mind

I do not think candling really harms the embryo. A common public aquarium display is to pin shark eggs to a clear board and shine a light through them all day so the visitors can see inside. One thing - there is a point where the egg opens up to the water, basically the seal is broken the baby shark is now breathing tank water. If you lift the egg out of the water after that point, the water can drain out, and you introduce an air bubble. Best to keep the egg underwater when candling.

Jay

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short tailed nurse sharks do lay eggs and I’m sad to say the egg in question isn’t one. Short Tailed eggs have more of a spiral shape to them.

I’m interested to see what comes out of this egg! I’ve seen two baby zebra sharks before they were shipped off to SeaWorld (Orlando). They were gorgeous and striped versus their adult pattern of being spotted.

OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short tailed nurse sharks do lay eggs and I’m sad to say the egg in question isn’t one. Short Tailed eggs have more of a spiral shape to them.

I’m interested to see what comes out of this egg! I’ve seen two baby zebra sharks before they were shipped off to SeaWorld (Orlando). They were gorgeous and striped versus their adult pattern of being spotted.
yeah I found that out the other day I've been trying to find anything about shark eggs and can't really find any reliable sources I've hatched two sharks before so it's not about me not knowing I just haven't seen one this big before

OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately I think the shark didn't make it through out the morphing stage, I don't see it moving or and breathing, I wasn't able to take a video as requested but I will most likely buy another. I'm going to leave the egg in it's casing and in the tank for a couple days to make sure but if I don't see it breathing by then I'm to open the egg case and take it out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah, they are always moving/heart beating during development

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately I think the shark didn't make it through out the morphing stage, I don't see it moving or and breathing, I wasn't able to take a video as requested but I will most likely buy another. I'm going to leave the egg in it's casing and in the tank for a couple days to make sure but if I don't see it breathing by then I'm to open the egg case and take it out.
What a bummer!!! I’m sooo sorry!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back