Need help cutting or breaking rock

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you mention that there is a live montipora attached to the rock? If so it will probably not make it regardless of which suggestion you take. :rolleyes:
How nice of you to say so. :)

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How nice of you to say so. :)
Your smart-butt comment is not appreciated. I only brought this up because not a single solution mentioned in this thread addressed how to keep the monti alive in any of their responses. The OP brought up this concern at the beginning of the thread.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your smart-*** comment is not appreciated. I only brought this up because not a single solution mentioned in this thread addressed how to keep the monti alive in any of their responses. The OP brought up this concern at the beginning of the thread.
A true yes but please understand yours was easily misconstrued to be the same.

I personally didn't note the monti as if it survived the long drive brobably out of water it'll be fine. I'm actually trying to kill some that fell into some rock. It's quite resilient.
If you have a thought on how to best help it survive. Please feel free to jump in.
I would have hoped it would have been included in your first post. Thus my confusion.

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks nice glad I am past the point of rock arranging to the point of coral arranging now :) copepods should love that one with all the holes

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A true yes but please understand yours was easily misconstrued to be the same.

I personally didn't note the monti as if it survived the long drive brobably out of water it'll be fine. I'm actually trying to kill some that fell into some rock. It's quite resilient.
If you have a thought on how to best help it survive. Please feel free to jump in.
I would have hoped it would have been included in your first post. Thus my confusion.

To be honest I didn't see a monti involved in the original post either so if there was it still should have been fine, low tide vs high tide, a lot of corals are exposed to air from my understanding. Hope things are doing good for you, very nice rock.

OP
OP
Tsev03

Tsev03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored today picked up a new to me 120 tank, stand, and sump. Free
48x24x24
May be a while before I get to set it up but I'm very excited!
IMG_1951.JPG

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back