OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i tore down a wall and found hidden wires that run to my fuze panel that were not live so i made them live so to my suprise i dont have to run a crap ton of wire!!!. So now awaitng my stand and then i can start the framing of the rest of the room. Ill post pics tonight

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May want to have a qualified electrician test to make sure it can handle the load, is up to code, and done safely. Never know what you'll run into

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ill have a 125 gallon heated saltwater tank. 2 switches one is for draining water, other is for putting back in. No more buckets and hoses, lol.the back of the tank that's in he fish room, will have a mark of exactly when to shut off

Good idea!

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a TON of research in fact 10+ years of it so i am doing this right! (at least in my eyes) lol

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sad thing is, This is going to be a slow process. My goal is to have water in the 800 by end of march. I have enough rock i think, i now have roughly 1000lbs? give or take.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started, I was lucky to get educated by a guy who had a ton of reef tanks in his home and his whole family was addicted to the hobby. He was nice enough to take me under his wing, and show me how in his opinion things should go. especialy since he had a degree in marine biology and had been in the hobby at that time for 40years. He was a huge fan of lots of rock and skimming. I have had very impressive sucess with just rock and skimmer system. Also with my 500 system i have now , i didnt do my first water change for almost a year! my tests came out good water quality was stellar. Now i actually do everyother month changes or when i am bored and just feel like doing it,lol. anyways, I love having a ton of rock nothing but good comes from it. The only difference in this new upgrade majority of my rock will be in my sumps and refuges. I will calm down on rock in my DT. When its all said and done my DT will have 2 150 gallon rubbermaide commercial tubs, as Dt sump, and a 100 gallon tub just as a refuge, the coral tank will have a 100-150 gallon sump just for it, but all will be connected. all of those tubs will be full of rock. My display will probly have only 800-1000 in it. so my total will be around 2800lbs. approx. cant tell until its built.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO now when people say i have a "ton" of rock i actually will lol

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my problem is, is the fact i am ATE up with this hobby and always will be. And it dosen't help that fact my wife is a great supporter of this. lol. So i dont really have a person to keep me grounded, well actually she shot down the idea of making our entire basement a tank........shes pry right. lol. If my tank gets as big as my 17000 gallon pool i will need intervention. lol

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sad thing is, This is going to be a slow process. My goal is to have water in the 800 by end of march. I have enough rock i think, i now have roughly 1000lbs? give or take.
You definitely don't need that much rock. I would start your scape with less than half that and see where that gets you. Only add enough rockwork to fit how you want it to look. :)

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my problem is, is the fact i am ATE up with this hobby and always will be. And it dosen't help that fact my wife is a great supporter of this. lol. So i dont really have a person to keep me grounded, well actually she shot down the idea of making our entire basement a tank........shes pry right. lol. If my tank gets as big as my 17000 gallon pool i will need intervention. lol

You will definitely have a TON of rock! lol

Once you get in so deep you just can't turn back. Sounds like this will be an amazing system. Once you get it all setup and running I might have to see if a road trip to Knoxville will be cool with you to show me a tour of your setup.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob, school, ya I can only hope it will be as great as I imagined. But with some hard work it will be.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of ideas I have collected over the last 10 plus years

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure, i have waited soooooo long for this, I'm glad I waited for it so that way I made my mistakes on smaller systems lol.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna try to post a couple pic next couple days.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seen I'm going to have to knock down one small wall to fix a door to the upstairs while I'm making this one

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it's better to fix that no so square wall now than look at it later and wish I would have lol

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I'm going to epoxy the floor to the fish room or tile, I have a new tile saw so I can tile. I am for sure doing a 12inch ring around the floor for water purpose.

OP
OP
nitrox36

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a new table saw today ripping down wall tommorw for a square one to build.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back