New Tank Delivered Today..Need Help...Cosmetic or Bad seams

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your tank. I know that the most exciting part about building a new reef is when your tank arrives. I'm waiting on my second one from the same manufacturer that built the first one. They did an excellent job on the first tank. Hope every things works out for you.

Biocubed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't post the pictures because we are still in a legal battle. But I can promise that isn't drop damage. My 10x4x3 tank got dropped off a skid loader. Not 1 seam split, but the whole tank is trashed because the panels broke. Those responsible are refusing to fix their wrong and hid behind a lawyer. It's been a huge headache for over a year and a half.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't post the pictures because we are still in a legal battle. But I can promise that isn't drop damage. My 10x4x3 tank got dropped off a skid loader. Not 1 seam split, but the whole tank is trashed because the panels broke. Those responsible are refusing to fix their wrong and hid behind a lawyer. It's been a huge headache for over a year and a half.

How thick was the material they used to build it?

OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with the builder today. He says since the shock sensor popped that all the seams were stressed and that is why they look like they do. The piece of wood that had the sensor on it was a weak link.

IMG_4812.jpg

OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the crate it came in. No foam insulation, and no plywood except for 1 piece on top.

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

TylerS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is simple. The builder needs to show you pictures of good seems and packaging before it left the shop. Additionally, it's the builders responsibility to properly protect the tank in shipping anyway. Shipping containers are expected to get bumped, banged around, and dropped (that's why it's in a container in the first place). I remember a study once where someone shipped an accelerometer across the country, and there were seveal impacts that equated to a drop of more than 3 feet.

tacoshell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this tank with my own hands we do the best work at taco tanks no one can beat our prices and craftsmanship so please don't mind a little dust in the glue it seals the seams better..

SciGuy2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done a lot of DIY work with acrylic and want to echo what the professional builder said earlier in this thread. This tank was not built to a reasonable standard. Many of the seams look like they were not properly fitted and were starved of solvent. Frankly, the shipping company did you a favor by preventing you from adding water to the tank. I'd politely ask for my money back and take my business elsewhere.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would ask for a refund, please dont purchase the tank from your source again. Especially if they told you its "fine". Remember, post a review when you get the chance. Regardless if they make it right, it should he known to others. Hope everything turns out ok bud.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I built this tank with my own hands we do the best work at taco tanks no one can beat our prices and craftsmanship so please don't mind a little dust in the glue it seals the seams better..
that dust and air bubbles can potentially cost you a lawsuit.

tacoshell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sciguy what a racist comment seeing I've never had a fast food business are you saying that because you assume I am Mexican?

SciGuy2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tacoshell, I made no assumptions regarding race, gender, age, or orientation. Everyone loves tacos, or should love tacos. However, no one likes a leaky aquarium.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 70 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back