New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would be very helpful if there was a trouble shooting page with the instructions, but i guess that's our assignment as consumers LOL

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sure with it being translated would cause more confusion. I have had a few LOL just reading through the manual it comes with.

mark sid tottle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys, I'm new to the site and have reading the thread as very interested in the new jebao rw-15 wave makers, have really seen may reviews other this site. it would be great to a video comparing the rw-15 to the wp-40

meintn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the RW series use the same 3 prong water tight cord the WP series uses? I'm curious if I can control these with an apex.

YodaHart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the RW series use the same 3 prong water tight cord the WP series uses? I'm curious if I can control these with an apex.

Yes it does and yes you can. I was using 2 WP-25's controlled by my Apex and switched to RW-8's. It was a simple swap. I just had to swap the pump. The new pumps use the same power supply and control voltage.

YodaHart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's much better. The flow is more broad so I can ramp up the pumps to a higher speed without beating down any of my corals. I'm also seeing flow in parts of the tank that didn't have any in the past. I have a 4x2x2 120 and I'm using 2 RW-8's. They're a perfect fit for a 4' tank. Most of the day they ramp from 30 to 75% every 10 seconds.

daytripp01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to set up 220GAl oceanic do you think the RW15 will cut it for a 7'x2'x2' tank ?

Woods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as rw15 is new released i'm afraid it has some problems compared with de wp40

i'm in doubt which one should I buy it.

It really deserves the risk to be pioneer with the rw? or be more conservative with the wp?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have use the wp40 and now the new rw-15. Which one has the larger footprint and does the new rw-15 have the same flow options?

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you recommend for a 60 cube. I currently have two of the wp 10's but thing i need more flow. I was considering the RW 8's. 2 each.

Slm222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things are more powerful than you think. For a 125 I had 2 rw15 s and just sold them since they were too powerful, the fish wouldn't leave the rocks cause of the force and that was on the lowest setting. They are good and quite with a wide flow pattern. For anything smaller than 100g I would do rw-4. 2 would be perfect for almost any situation. I am going to try two rw8 for my tank but any concerned with it being too much as well. These pumps push some water!

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk, I've heard so many different suggestions for which rw models to use on what size tank. I have all of the following: x2 wp25, wp40, wp60, rw15, mp40, and mp10. Currently I have a RW15 AND MP40 on the right side and a WP25 on the left of my 75gal reef....all on 100%. Great flow for sure, but not so much that water blows out of the tank, coral shrivel up, or fish hide. Maybe I have lost some flow on the rw15 due to not cleaning it for a little over a month. When someone asks what model pump(s) to get for whatever size tank they have, it's a very hard question to answer due to diff people's preferences, placement of pumps, type/amount of sand they have, layout of rockwork, type of livestock, etc... It is important to consider all of these factors when choosing what model of pump to get. And remember that the rw models have a great setting for intensity, so more flow ability than less is the better option. Oh and "mark sid tottle": I have not had any issues personally with my rw15 controller or the pump itself, with 3 months continuous use. So far its an amazing pump with very nice controller considering the price. I plan to get rid of the controller soon though, and just control it via apex. I'm curious, what issues have you been hearing that the rw controllers have?

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back