Newbie:) Apologies in Advance for so many questions

aepulliam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! I am new to saltwater tanks This far, I am having sooo much fun!! Instead of watching the I watch my fish tank lol!! Although, I seem to have more questions than answers My latest question is about my new rose bubble tip anemones. I added them Saturday (4 days ago) They pretty much stayed put where we put them at first but now one of them moved down to be under my rock in the shade? Annnd, my clowns won’t go anywhere near either of them:/ Any advice would be very welcome!!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_680853599283486.jpeg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! I am new to saltwater tanks This far, I am having sooo much fun!! Instead of watching the I watch my fish tank lol!! Although, I seem to have more questions than answers My latest question is about my new rose bubble tip anemones. I added them Saturday (4 days ago) They pretty much stayed put where we put them at first but now one of them moved down to be under my rock in the shade? Annnd, my clowns won’t go anywhere near either of them:/ Any advice would be very welcome!!
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! BTA's will wander at times, generally you can let them be and they will figure things out. Not always.

Give it time for your clowns to find the nem. I'd recommend feeding near the nem such that the clowns go near it. There are other more aggressive methods, but I'd give it a couple weeks at least before trying them.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME to R2R!!! I recommend patience. Lots and lots of patience. Your nems will find their happy place all on their own. The clowns may or may not take up residence. I have three clowns and they all waited about three months before making a home in the nems.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.. :)

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! Glad to have you. First off the BTA is a finicky creature that will move all over the tank to find its happy place. I’m sure the smarter folks will be able to give you more guidance on why it went to the rocks, but they do weird things all the time. Second, there is no guarantee the clowns will ever find their place in the nem. All you can do is wait and let nature take its course. I’ve had one in my tank for months and the clowns could care less about it. Hope this helps and glad to have you here

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back