OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be just the one frag that has a couple zoas that are hazed with brown fungus. The others that are not open are either healthy looking but not open or closed when I moved the rack to get a pic. I will probably cut away the fungused ones on the overheated frag though.

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good to me. i have heard nothing but good things about you, i trust your judgement.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:burn_joss_stick:Hope they're doing ok now

Most are. I dipped them and giving good flow for the time being. They will be OK. Most all are fine, just a few polyps problems with. Will probably give them a couple weeks before I start fragging them to LR and checking best lighting for growth.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for nursing the unhappy frag! I have faith that you will do whatever is best for them.

jamirlima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it too late to join this group grow out? How much do I need to pay? Thanks

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really starting to color up. Shipping must have stressed them or something. Really starting to look good.
Unfortunately my tank started leaking at a side seam this weekend and I have spent all yesterday tearing it down and re-silicone and today getting everything back in.
The tank I bought used and it had the old, clear silicone and I should have did it then, but didn't and now paying for it. Been a nightmare.
So now I am re-gluing all the frags in place and have to run for glue.
Will try and get new pics in the next day or two.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really starting to color up. Shipping must have stressed them or something. Really starting to look good.

Good to hear this. I am sure once they settle in you are going to love these as they are some of the most vibrant color zoos that I have seen.
Tomasz.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my tank started leaking at a side seam this weekend and I have spent all yesterday tearing it down and re-silicone and today getting everything back in.
The tank I bought used and it had the old, clear silicone and I should have did it then, but didn't and now paying for it. Been a nightmare.
So now I am re-gluing all the frags in place and have to run for glue.
Will try and get new pics in the next day or two.

glad to hear zoas are doing better :)

sorry to hear about the tank though :/

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the ones that were struggling? any pictures? hows everything doing?

thanks

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would be great.
Bad news. 2 of the frags died off. The one that had been overheated and another that was not doing too well from the start. A third I am babying right now, but all the rest are doing well and looking good. I do not know about growth as I have so many different zoas to keep an eye on I can only tell by pic comparisons every couple weeks or so.
I will get pics when the lights come on today and post them tonight. Tomorrow at the latest. Growth will probably be more evident with pics every couple weeks though. Still have not remounted them as the 2 that died spooked me a bit. I can not help but think these were wild and newly fragged and the shipping took its toll so until they are well adjusted I don't want to bother them more than necessary.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are 8 of them and there are 2 in another tank with lights out right now.

IMG_4586.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back