OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I take a good look the larger polyp one does have a yellow skirt and the smaller polyp one is greener.

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are almost 2 months into the growout. hows everything looking? growth starting to take off?

Thanks

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there is some growth. Not super fast it seems. Nothing like many other types like NG, PD, Armageddons, Nightmares, etc but def faster than PPEs. lol. I think they are tied with PH, maybe a little faster. I have yet to frag them still which will bring faster growth. Just delayed due to other projects in the workings and all the ones that pple have been complaining about dieing. Even some local have had problem with the Japanese zoas though I know many are having good success with them. Don't want to rush them and cause problems. I would not be expecting them in a few months time. I have yet to do or see a grow out for 10 pple that happened in less than 6 months. Look toward the end of summer, first of fall if all goes well.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though Im not in this grow out you da man! Keep up the great work bro, love reading this thread! ^_^

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good work flricordia wish i had got in on this one.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having problems with my computer so if i'm not on for a few weeks don't panic. I'm using a friends computer right now

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having problems with my computer so if i'm not on for a few weeks don't panic. I'm using a friends computer right now

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hopefully by the time the next grow out update rolls around (maybe the end of April?) you will have solved the issue.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update pics. I had to use a clear container to get any pics where they are right now and looks like I missed a couple. Will get better pics after I frag them off the rock and onto plugs. Will be doing that this week or next. I have put it off till I know they are doing well since others have had some losses with these zoas I wanted to wait. I think they are doing fine though but they are not the fastest growing zoas. Maybe after I frag them down they will take off. I have to get this rock out too. I haven't figured out why yet but I have 3-4 rocks that grow turf even after I remove them and dry them out it regrows. Doesn't touch the coraline encrusted rock but rather than take any chances I think it will go into the trash or a bleach solution then dry for some time.
And no, the PH are not part of them before anyone asks. lol

IMG_9316-1.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like all is growing nicely.. Very nice..

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fantastic! You are doing such a wonderful job with them. Thank you very very much again for this!

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fantastic! You are doing such a wonderful job with them. Thank you very very much again for this!
Thanks and you are welcome. I am expecting them to ship out to everyone before fall if all goes right.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update pics 05-14-09

Here are some pics from this evening. These are really looking sweet. Unfortunately I forgot what they are for so I guess I will just keep them for myself. kididng, but you couldn't blame me. Taken under 10K Hamilton. Bet they really 'POP' under 14Ks.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

Crystal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update...I'm so excited, I can hardly wait...I think after doing this, I'm going to get mid-Kansas grow-out going.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back