!OPINION! on coral beauty in 60l?

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I post a lot.. I know :). As the title says, what's your opinions on a CB angel in a 60l cube?

Mine is in a reef with 2 clowns and the usual cuc

I do WEEKLY water changes and the water parameters are perfect and I test weekly too.

The tank is 60cm x 60cm x 60cm and the fish have plenty of space and plenty of hiding spots. They are very healthy

I think cubes are far better as its like a circular tank for sharks where they don't have to pace back and foward instead they swim around in circles I assure you he's happy and Healthy

No rude comments just OPINIONS

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they need swimming room lots of rock work. Way to small of a tank. He will fight with your clowns as they are both territorial fish. Get a sapphire damsel it's a great blue fish for that size tank.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Must add this is a grow out tank for about a year until my 5ft is setup

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they need swimming room lots of rock work. Way to small of a tank. He will fight with your clowns as they are both territorial fish. Get a sapphire damsel it's a great blue fish for that size tank.
They seem to get on great together and the clowns are just juveniles just now. Sorry I forgot to add this is a holding tank till my 5ft is setup, this tank is to feature the clowns and a goby and pistol shrimp tho I'm stuck on which goby and shrimp to get I'd like a blueish or unusual colour.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't clownfish in the damsel family to? So they would fight with the sapphire damsel right?

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a Pygmy angel? They’re smaller than a coral beauty.
I need to look it up lol, the angel is very small about 3.5 - 4" so I'm assuming its a female as they are smaller I was asking opinions as there is plenty of space for her to swim she doesn't pace back or forward or anything colours pop and no sign of disease. I'd post a pic but it won't let me. She seems to be a very small angel and I don't think she's juvenile. Might be wrong tho only time will tell

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say no. IMO all dwarf angels need at least a 90cm long tank, 120cm would be better.

What’s your planned stocking list so far? Let us know so we can suggest some fish that would be better suited for a tank of your dimensions.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say no. IMO the medium sized and dwarf angels need at least a 90cm tank, 120cm would be better.
Do you think she will be fine for a few months to a year until my 5ft is set up, its 600l. I had to buy her when I seen her as coral beauty's are VERY expensive where I live and I've seen there cheaper in america?

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't clownfish in the damsel family to? So they would fight with the sapphire damsel right?

Yep, they stay away from each other, It's the angel you need to worry about. He'll kick the clowns butt till it's dead in such a small tank.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen the answer is no you cannot do that even temporarily especially with the risk of the 5ft tank being delayed at all. I have only seen a coral beauty in a 29 gallon once which is bigger than your tank and it was dime sized and in a month tripled in size and beat up its tankmates. So that wad a 29g the answer for you is no.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen the answer is no you cannot do that even temporarily especially with the risk of the 5ft tank being delayed at all. I have only seen a coral beauty in a 29 gallon once which is bigger than your tank and it was dime sized and in a month tripled in size and beat up its tankmates. So that wad a 29g the answer for you is no.
If I housed him in a bare 3ft tank to himself would it be OK until the big tanks up? Things are hard at these times or it would have already been setup.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I housed him in a bare 3ft tank to himself would it be OK until the big tanks up? Things are hard at these times or it would have already been setup.

sounds like a plan...if we can handle social distancing so can a fish...haha

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would simply wait to buy the fish until you have the proper setup, why the rush? There's no reason to buy it now and "make do" until you have another set up. It simply will do better in a larger system, and there's also a big chance of a disease outbreak with so much stress if you aren't planning on running it through quarantine.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would simply wait to buy the fish until you have the proper setup, why the rush? There's no reason to buy it now and "make do" until you have another set up. It simply will do better in a larger system, and there's also a big chance of a disease outbreak with so much stress if you aren't planning on running it through quarantine.
I posted this cause I've had the fish over a month lol, as I said I got him because I wanted one for the 5ft and found him for £50 which is cheap for CB where I live. He's really small and I thought the big tank would have been set up by now but its on hold. I will put him in a spare 3ft tank in a couple of weeks and let it cycle with some media from my current tank. Again I only got him as I thought the tank would have been complete by now.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think he already has the fish?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back