!OPINION! on coral beauty in 60l?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unrelated, but my tank will be a 4 foot tank that’s 48”x24”x22” (120cm by 60cm by 55cm). Will two Marine Bettas, two clowns (Ocellaris), three PJ Cardinals, three Chrysiptera (ex: Azure damsels) damsels, 2 Flame Hawks, 1-2 Matted Filefish and a dwarf angel or butterfly be too much of a bioload? Would that stress out the fish?

If I could pair the Marine Bettas and not include a fish from my ideal stocking list, I’d ax the dwarf angel or the butterfly.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen the answer is no you cannot do that even temporarily especially with the risk of the 5ft tank being delayed at all. I have only seen a coral beauty in a 29 gallon once which is bigger than your tank and it was dime sized and in a month tripled in size and beat up its tankmates. So that wad a 29g the answer for you is no.

I think there's a lot of confusion in this thread.

The tank is a 60cm cube. This is 24" x 24" x 24" - or 60 gallons.

IMO, a Coral Beauty will be fine in a 60 cube (as long as there are no conspecifics). My Potters was fine in a 30" tank.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unrelated, but my tank will be a 4 foot tank that’s 48”x24”x22” (120cm by 60cm by 55cm). Will two Marine Bettas, two clowns (Ocellaris), three PJ Cardinals, three Chrysiptera (ex: Azure damsels) damsels, 2 Flame Hawks, 1-2 Matted Filefish and a dwarf angel or butterfly be too much of a bioload? Would that stress out the fish?

I will suggest to make a thread for this post so we don't hijack this thread. But my short answer will be yes that's probably going to be a stressful situation.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMO, a Coral Beauty will be fine in a 60 cube (as long as there are no conspecifics). My Potters was fine in a 30" tank.

The OP states 60L, which is almost 16gallons
But a 24" cube holds almost 60gallons.
@BigTomo003 which one of these is accurate?

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I could pair the Marine Bettas and not include a fish from my ideal stocking list, I’d ax the dwarf angel or the butterfly.
I'm a big believer as long as u keep up with weekly waterchanges yo can have as many fish as u like (within reason ofc) like I do weekly water changes on my tank I have 2 occy clowns a dwarf CB ovs lol a blood red fire shrimp 3 dwarf red hermits 2 nassarus snails a ton of copepods and a tiny brittle starfish and I just added a pom pom crab so plenty of cuc to clean up the waste, I have a canister filter that's rated for a tank 5x bigger than mine and plenty of surface agitation as I said the fish do fine when the angel gets moved I want a goby and shrimp pair. I think as long as you have a far superior cuc to the fish then ur perfect and keep up the weekly water changes and mind to test.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - definitely confusing. I think the 60l is supposed to mean '60 cm long'. He's got dimensions further down in the original post. I think its less likely he typoed the dimensions than that the title is misleading.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! At least someone agrees as I have said many times he's healthy and gets along with the clowns.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, yes its 24" each side. Or just over a foot and a half

Also off topic but are EU measurements not different to american ones?

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - definitely confusing. I think the 60l is supposed to mean '60 cm long'. He's got dimensions further down in the original post. I think its less likely he typoed the dimensions than that the title is misleading.
I'm dyslexic its all good tho I'm sure its 60gallons sorry for the confusion

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Depends on your filtering capacity.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 60gal sorry for teh confusion :) I was just wondering if people prefare cubes or rectangles
No problem with 60 gallons. I love coral beauties. I had them in my early hobby tanks and I had them in my big tanks. They are a beautiful fish. Keep in mind that they can be territorial. It might be one of the last fish you put in your tank so it doesn't pick on your other fish.
EDIT: I seemed to have missed that you already purchased it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem with 60 gallons. I love coral beauties. I had them in my early hobby tanks and I had them in my big tanks. They are a beautiful fish. Keep in mind that they can be territorial. It might be one of the last fish you put in your tank so it doesn't pick on your other fish.
EDIT: I seemed to have missed that you already purchased it.
Ye she was my last fish in tho i m going to put her in a larger tank,, do u know any good looking goby and shrimp pair? And do I need a deep sand bed as I only have about half an inch for the looks

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like diamond goby's if you can handle the sand storm. Go about 3 inches

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back