OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking it real slow.I was at MACNA in San Diego this weekend,had a great time managed to talk to a whole bunch of vendors and fellow "addicts". Picked up a GEO calcium reactor,I love their products,well made and look good.Had my eye on the 818 but it was sold.So got a good deal on 624 with an extra chamber.I also plan on getting the carbon doser,they are a bit pricey but I only hear good things.
Started getting my lights up,only issue I have with them are the cords are really short,whats up with that? Will post pics when I get a few minutes.
Thanks to all of you for the kind words and for following.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good pick up with the Geo. I got the 1218 with the extra chamber. Everyone talks great about the carbon doser!

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following. Love seeing resilient people overcome adversity. I can already envision this to be an awesome tank!!!

masssnapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking it real slow.I was at MACNA in San Diego this weekend,had a great time managed to talk to a whole bunch of vendors and fellow "addicts". Picked up a GEO calcium reactor,I love their products,well made and look good.Had my eye on the 818 but it was sold.So got a good deal on 624 with an extra chamber.I also plan on getting the carbon doser,they are a bit pricey but I only hear good things.
Started getting my lights up,only issue I have with them are the cords are really short,whats up with that? Will post pics when I get a few minutes.
Thanks to all of you for the kind words and for following.
the cords are short... I thought I was losing my freaking mind. I had 2 hydra26 non hd and then switched to t5 and sold them. Then recently I grabbed to HD versions and went to run the wires down to my power center and was having a what the heck moment trying to figure out how I did it before lol.

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2016-9-14_8-57-49.jpeg

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from the first pic,cords are short so I am going to have to come up with an alternative plan.
I have started putting in a few corals,but I have a lot of real estate to fill,starting from scratch. As Reefapalooza is coming up in November I am hoping to get some at that time.If anyone in the Socal area has coral frags,let me know.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great buddy!! Quick question. Was there any particular reason you chose the hydras over the kessils, Radion, Orphek etc?

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great buddy!! Quick question. Was there any particular reason you chose the hydras over the kessils, Radion, Orphek etc?
To be honest I got a pretty good deal on them ,I am really happy with them so far all three days

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I got a pretty good deal on them ,I am really happy with them so far all three days
Can't argue with that :) tanks looking great. Definitely looking forward to watching it grow

OP
OP
IvanW

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I posted an update. Got the calcium reactor hooked up and it is running great,very happy with it.The last few weeks I have been getting my wiring neatened up. Got the Apex hooked back up, I have actually been able to downsize on it a bit. I am waiting on the cable to hook up my closed loop pump to the Apex. I am also very happy with the Hydra lights,corals are starting to grow,although it is a fairly slow process. I have had a bit of a Cyano outbreak but I think it is just part of the cycle, Cyano seems to be giving way to what I can only describe as a brownish/rust type algae,hopefully that will clear up soon. I also just re installed my Tunze osmilator, and re plumbed my water storage tank,should make water changes easier.
Reefapalooza California coming up soon hope to pick up some nice stuff there.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has been a while since I posted an update. Got the calcium reactor hooked up and it is running great,very happy with it.The last few weeks I have been getting my wiring neatened up. Got the Apex hooked back up, I have actually been able to downsize on it a bit. I am waiting on the cable to hook up my closed loop pump to the Apex. I am also very happy with the Hydra lights,corals are starting to grow,although it is a fairly slow process. I have had a bit of a Cyano outbreak but I think it is just part of the cycle, Cyano seems to be giving way to what I can only describe as a brownish/rust type algae,hopefully that will clear up soon. I also just re installed my Tunze osmilator, and re plumbed my water storage tank,should make water changes easier.
Reefapalooza California coming up soon hope to pick up some nice stuff there.
Awesome! Looking forward to updated pics! :D I'll be at RAP CA also. It'll be my first since we moved out here just a couple of months ago, and I'm absolutely looking forward to it!

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the rebuild! Looking good so far.

Wondering if you have a pic of the equipment cabinet?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job on the light rack!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.8%
Back