Votes: 14 11.6%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the paly/zoa craze coming to or already at an end? Don't get me wrong I will always love me zoas,:D, but I think all the hype is almost died away.

I have also noticed a trend of zoa/paly prices coming way down. (good for us paly lovers) ;)

What do you guys think?

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you're right. Zoas, Palys, and Acans are all coming down in price, and only the most unique specimens are garnering prices that used to be commonplace. The big question: What's next?

charga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then to just start getting into the craze for me maybe I'm in at the right time. If I had the money I'd buy a house too, good time for a buyer but not the seller. Lovin the zoos and palys and just put an order into Atlantis Aquarium for some sweet stuff. Group buy and we trade on the polyps as they grow out. Good stuff down the road in my tanks future.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I've pretty much gotten rid of all mine. :D Still LOVE them though and always will.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! I thought you just started to recollect!! :D

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
z's and p's are always going to be one of the hottest corals out there... easy to take care of, easy to propagate, and tons of different color morphs.. just MHO... :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bringing out the big dogs!! LOL! :D

I would hate to see Z's and P's slow down. I hope you guys are right! :D

fiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of places are still chargin an arm and a leg for them, so I would say no.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for me it is over... I have lost so much last yr that I don't even have guts to buy some ...I spend so much and not to say " TIME TO CHASE THE ELITE ONE'S" and to lost it quickly is a heartbreaker. I still have zoas in my tank though..

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its definitely over, as there really aren't any new morphs being collected. i remember one summer we saw all kinds of new morphs.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im not too sure myself, yes people are selling off their colonies, but people are buying them right? so just cuz people get tierd of them, i think they will always be popular due to their hardiness and aray of color...... yes the hype for the part time collector and band wagoner is over, but people truely like z and p.......
jmo
shane

BiOcube14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my opinion zoas palys etc will always be in demand but prices will go down such as ppe and similar types are flooding the market where what was considered rare a year or 2 ago is now becoming more common are many people trade and frag but there are many NEW palys and zoas that are the NEW hype of todays market. I remember ppes were like $60 per polyp now I can get 4 for $125 here

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what kinda tell's me it's over. The fact that there are only very very few new morphs coming out. It's been many months since we seen a number of new morphs all at the same time.

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it's over or not. I personally wanted a new challenge and went the sps route. I kept most of rare ones because they are still hard to get a hold of.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends upon your personal perspective. There are still plenty of people in our local area that are still chomping at the bits to get ahold of exotic zoas. Just b/c everyone here on a Zoa-themed site has these zoas, doesn't mean the rest of the reefing community does.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
Weather its over or not, I could handle the prices coming down a little! Either way, zoas, palys, and ricordea will always be my favorite!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it depends upon your personal perspective. There are still plenty of people in our local area that are still chomping at the bits to get ahold of exotic zoas. Just b/c everyone here on a Zoa-themed site has these zoas, doesn't mean the rest of the reefing community does.

I'm not basing my opinion on what the people here at CZ have or don't have....:D

I am basing my opinion on a lack of many things, but mainly the lack of new morphs surfacing and the lack of zoa/paly discussion here and on RC.

Remember all the NEW MORPH threads and the CHECK THESE OUT threads?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back