Votes: 14 11.6%

• Total voters

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted it is not over, but thats my opinion. It has slowed but ill never forget my first time zoo shoping. On the other hand i dont recall ever shopping for sps but i have a tank full of them?

Ill always rock the Z's`n`P's. Im still needin some true rainbows. Whos got me?

Heres a recent pic of some of my collection coming back to life in the biocube i set up for the soft stuff that i just cant get rid of.
100_2332.jpg

Last edited:

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to the zoa/paly "craze" because I failed at keeping SPS and they were the next most colorful thing out there. I still wish I could have gotten SPS going in my tank, but you can only take what you are given I guess. Perhaps others went into it because it was a craze...I went into it (and am still in it) because it was the thing I was best at keeping.

smcooler

sps lps farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think sps will be near the top of the collector list just because of the progression of the avg. hobbiest. Zoa's i think are still hot. the last 2 frag swaps i atended guys were nuts over the high end zoa's. Dr. Mac was at both swaps and he sold out of zoa's. JMO.

stan

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Aussie LPS craze has caused the dwindling interest in Zoa's and Paly's myself.

I still and always will love them in my tank.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your opinion is just that, yours and it does not reflect the TRUTH at all. This site was created for friends to hang out and trade without any rules about trading and selling in certain forums.

This statement you made is totally off, and you really are way off base. Sorry if this seems hard, but it's really like a sucker punch from behind for no reason.

Although some points I made might be off , I still believe as with all fads ,there has to be a forum to "pump" rare and exotic ,and that is why people follow thes sites.If not how do you explain:

Exotic Palys For Sale!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Nukes (13 polyps) $500
2. Purple Deaths (4 polyps) $125
3. Copps Palys (5 polyps) $175
4. Red Wines (9 polyps) $225
5. Pyro's Envy (4 polyps) $120
6. Grimace Palys (3 polyps) $40
7. Midnight Skies PE (13 polyps) $150
8. Er1c Palys (6 polyps) $80
9. Legions of Evil (18 polyps) $150
10. Desert Storms (7 polyps) $100
11. PPRPEs (3 polyps) $175
12. PPEs (4 polyps) $175
13. Happy Sahmains (4 polyps) $100
14. Organism Palys (6 polyps) $80

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm you'll find selling on every site you go on right?

It has nothing to do with "pumping" any fad. What do we have to gain in pumping a fad? Let's see here I am a hobbiest do you think I want prices to go up on corals? Heck no, I spend enough as it is and don't need higher prices. But you are welcome to your opinion even if you are wrong.

PS. How long did it take you to find that big list? How many of the smaller lower priced ads did you skip to pull this one up?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of the other things I can agree with. But why this site was created was not for the reason's you suggested. Thanks. ;)

Sorry if I was short, blunt, or rude.

Last edited:

ReefDoctor

Just a hobbiest
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOPE... Craze / popular Always Zoas will be at the center of this Hobby, a gauge of the economic health of the entire Hobby :)

HERES WHY...

So many colors, So many Morphs that do not change much with lighting

Dependable, even inexhaustable supply and demand

Zoas and Palys are "OVERALL" more affordable than the other "HYPE" corals ie: micromussa, Chalice ect. So they are able to appeal to a larger market segment

For every Old reefer that moves on into Chalice or Micro or even acan I bet 10 NOOB reefers START collecting Palys and Zoas for the above reason... Zoa and Palys are a Market that will NEVER die :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good points! I hope you are all right! :D

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although some points I made might be off , I still believe as with all fads ,there has to be a forum to "pump" rare and exotic ,and that is why people follow thes sites.If not how do you explain:

so, are you saying b/c there was a fad with zoas, thats why a zoa specific site was created?

were you aware that there was already a zoa specific site before we came along? only reason we went into full bloom is b/c that site was hacked into and went down....and all their members came over here.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, are you saying b/c there was a fad with zoas, thats why a zoa specific site was created?

were you aware that there was already a zoa specific site before we came along? only reason we went into full bloom is b/c that site was hacked into and went down....and all their members came over here.

Yes I was there as well.It's not like I just came along and decided overnight ,what I believe.I am not like that.That is why I am not saying this site in particular.
Anyway it was just my thought and I was just pointing out why I thought prices get so high during a fad.

Sorry if I offend.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's all good now bro, and sorry I took such an offense. We take great pride in trying to be a different kind of forum and being the best we can. It just kinda caught me off guard, but I know what you mean now.

fade2black

Is this thing on?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add my $.02, I can't see the craze going away. I jumped over to zoosrus around when that site started years ago and it hasn't seemed to die down much since then. We have a local frag swap coming up and there are a lot of zoos showing up on fragswapper and they go really fast. That tells me people still want them. Anything colorful in this hobby will stay popular. It may fade a little, but there is still demand for them.

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was hoping that we would realize how much we could help each other out here....Maybe when it warms we can do a chalice swap?!? I already have three or four frags waiting to go...

Hopkins

Team Awesome
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Rev, its over brother. You are going to have to change the name of this website. How about "The Site formerly known as Club-Zoa", or you could do something totally original and change the name to a crazy symbol.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry Rev, its over brother. You are going to have to change the name of this website. How about "The Site formerly known as Club-Zoa", or you could do something totally original and change the name to a crazy symbol.

Actually.........................................well never mind.................for now.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's not over for me, but I would have to guess it's over for some.
I see people complaining that no new color morfs are showing up lately and, I'm reading into that, they only like the new colors. Is it, once you have them, you don't like them any more and have to go after something new?
Maybe I'm reading something wrong. No offense.
I've had zoanthids in my tanks since approx. 1990. Didn't have many color options then. Either you had brown ones or green ones. Every once in a while you saw some cinnimon ones.
My first colony of real fancy ones have been my alltime favorites. They were Eagle Eyes. They are still my favs and I still have a couple colonies of them in my tank.
No it's not over for me.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By over I was actually referring to the craze like we have seen in the past year. Zoanthids will never be over for me either or the hobby in general, but the craze/hype is what I am talking about.

What do you think about that?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back