Votes: 14 11.6%

• Total voters

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think the whole naming thing has gotten out of hand, the le, rare thing etc.
Maybe it would be a good thing if some of the craze/hype goes away.

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Paly/zoa -hype/craze Is Over Imo... You Can See It On Ebay, As Well As Alot Of Vendor Sites. I Remember Ebay Blowing Up With Bids On Zoas And Palys Last Year, Not Anymore. Now, The Chalice Hype/craze...well, Thats A Different Thread...

Raskal311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are finding it’s as strong as ever, I am at the point where I can’t relay on some of our farmers for rare polyps anymore. I’m buying them so quick they are having a hard time growing them fast enough. We have recently dedicated a 16sf system just to prorogate polyps so we wouldn’t have to rely on external sources anymore.

SINNERMF

Frag addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think high shipping prices is making some people think twice about buying frags online. I don't think its over, maybe just a little "slower" than it has been in the past year or two.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think high shipping prices is making some people think twice about buying frags online. I don't think its over, maybe just a little "slower" than it has been in the past year or two.
Ant this the truth, shipping cost more that a really good frag

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's it it's over...I just seen on CNN that the paly craze was over.....bummer...

:D

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I hate these zoas!

DSC02355.jpg

Christel Mei

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way, zoas are still one of the most popular corals avaiable, and now that the zoa pox scare is officially over, I see no reason why zoas wont become even more popular.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly speaking .. just about any Corals that are way colorful and beautiful are for Keeps .. be it Zoas, Paly, Acan, Chalice, Favia etc. Well .... as long as they're not dull Brown that is ... ;)

Paul

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many people are missing the point of this thread. :) I am not asking do you think people hate zoas or are not going to keep them anymore. I am asking about the hype and how people went crazy for them over a year ago. I can tell you for a fact that it is not crazy like it was back then.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people are missing the point of this thread. :) I am not asking do you think people hate zoas or are not going to keep them anymore. I am asking about the hype and how people went crazy for them over a year ago. I can tell you for a fact that it is not crazy like it was back then.

but i'm still as crazy as i was back then.....so does that count for something?:D

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I get what you’re saying. I don’t think the craze is over. There are not as many new morphs coming out for whatever reason. Like you pointed out. So I think there is less to be crazy about. If there were some crazy new zoas coming out then there would be crazy people paying crazy money for them. So no the craze isn’t over just less stuff to be crazy about.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Sweet let the games continue! I don't want it to be over trust me. When I look into my tank and see those beautiful sps, acans and chalice pieces I am happy. But then my eye catches a beautiful colony of PD, ND, AOG, etc.. and I remember why I love this hobby!! I love it all! :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back