Paul _PSU 220 upgrade/build

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e49cba0c.jpg

How big is the Derasa, I have one that looks exactly the same but mine is about 6". Also, how long did it take to get to that size?

I love lal the massive colonies in there.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one is about 8". I have only had it about a year. All the clams I have I purchased off of fellow reefers.

Thanks, I have a feeling when I put them into the 220 my bigger colonies won't look that big.....:bigsmile:

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so this is turning into the slowest upgrade in history. But life just seems to keep getting in the way of me working on my stand and getting it going. That should change soon....:bigsmile: I took a video of the tank so you can see all changes in coral with the new additions and also selling off of some coral. The video isn't that great but as it is very hard since the reflection of the lights keeps getting in the ways so I have to switch angles. At least you can see mostly everything in my temp setup. I'll try to take another so there won't be so much zooming in and out and moving the camcorder.

Let me know what your think!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Paul, how big is that big Maxima clam? It looks like you better get on the build quick cause your corals are huge!

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. He is probably close to 11 inches. I know I really would like to mount some of my lps on some larger flat and round rocks so they can spread out on them.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul - Your corals are looking great man! It still amazes me that things are flourishing in a giant bucket!

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul - Your corals are looking great man! It still amazes me that things are flourishing in a giant bucket!

LOL! I almost peed my pants. I never thought of it that way but that's what it really is....:snicker:

It is killing me though to not be able to sit back and look through the glass and relax. This is set up in the basement instead of my office so just not as relaxing.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I almost peed my pants. I never thought of it that way but that's what it really is....:snicker:

It is killing me though to not be able to sit back and look through the glass and relax. This is set up in the basement instead of my office so just not as relaxing.

Hahaha...i didnt mean it in a bad way. I can only imagine what you could do with a full tank!! Hope you find some time to get a build going!!

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what I keep wanting to just start throwing the stand together in between my other projects and get this going but after I do a reef spotlight post and look at the detail and planning that went into theirs.....I'll wait until I finish my bathroom and have the time to dedicate to doing it right. This will be my last upgrade until my 12 and 15 yo are out of the house......so that may be awhile...lol

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice ongoing build Paul. I'm sure the wait is killing you, but it does a great job of showing how patience is required in this hobby, and in the end I'm sure you patience will be rewarded. Awesome amount of coral and coralline growth in that bucket for no more time than you've had them in there. I'd say those cheap lights are doing just fine.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back