OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slooowly, but getting there. I am going to put a couple monti cap and digi frags along with a couple birdsnests in the temp system to test it out for a few days. All the parameters are in check. If they pass the test I can load it up and tear down the 75.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. So I put a couple digi and cap frags in the temp holding system for few weeks and they seem to be doing well and holding their color. I transferred a bunch more. I would take like one or two every other day and then watch them to make sure. The one nightmare I keep having is that I will move everything to the temp system, tear down my 75 and then the temp system crashes and I lose everything..:squigglemouth: Here are a couple pics of the the temp system with a bunch of coral in it (it's hard to see with the reflection) and also a current one of my 75 since I removed a lot of the coral. The sad thing is I feel like the temp system is almost full already and then I look at the 75 and it looks like I have a ton of stuff in it yet.

51f6cb05.jpg

0eaffca0.jpg

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, it's just great to see you sticking with your plans, and I'm glad that everything seems to be going well now. You may be bummed out about space in your temporary setup for now, but I'll promise you that when it comes time to try to fill up that 220 of yours, you'll be glad for all of the stuff...it just ends up looking so empty :)

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Nate. I got a plastic container and I am going to put some sand in it from the 75. I can then put the pistol shrimp in it and and the clams on the sand. I am definitely looking forward to having some extra space in that 220. One thing about the temp system is the coral really seem to love the 14k bulbs I got from that hydroponics store in Cranberry. Some of the coral are looking better under these than the Phoenix.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow looking good! that skimmer looks sweet :neutral: what kinda clam is that in your 75?

Thanks! I love that skimmer it started pulling stuff immediately.
They are both Maxima clams The big one is suppose to be a golden teardrop but it looks purple/blue in my tank with the 14k Phoenix bulbs. I just got two more clams also, another maxima with some nice colors and a dersa also with some nice colors. I'll post some pics of the temp system again once I have everything in it and the second reflector over it. I already have all (4) clams in it.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** Paul... you doin' it!

Thanks man. I want it to go faster but with my other two projects around the house that ain't going to happen. I will have the 75g system completely shut down this weekend. I just sold off my fox face and purple tang. I am just putting my coris wrasse, starry blenny, fire fish, zebra dart goby, and high fin goby into my new system to start. I am going with smaller more peaceful fish and that way I can throw a ton in there. Although my mind is set and a crosshatch trigger is going to be the last fish in the system or even a pair if I can swing the $$ for two.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I have everything I need for the new setup except the return pump and one ballast. I could start building the stand tomorrow but I am in the middle of my bathroom remodel. I gutted everything and in the process of finishing the plumbing tonight so I will be putting the floor down next week and then I just have to put the tub in, hang drywall and start laying tile. I will most likely be finished November sometime so the tank is on hold until I get this knocked out. I am doing all the remodeling myself with the help of my neighbor who is an HVAC guy. He can do plumbing, electrical, construction; you name it. It's nice to have him next door when I get stuck. I had no idea what I was getting myself into until I ripped all the walls. ceiling and floor up and knocked the wall out into our bedroom. I stood in the bathroom staring at the bare studs and joist and said "Uh Oh!" It was too late to turn back then. I have a video somewhere of the bathroom when I initially gutted it. I'll see if I can find it to post.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, look at all those goodies!!!

I am going to have to figure out a way to get individual pics of the coral with my P&S camera. It's really hard with the lights over head. I just want to document the growth as much as possible. I may try turn one ballast off and then take pics of the coral on that side and see if it works.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple videos of my bathroom remodel. The first one is the bathroom gutted with the wall still there and the second is with the wall blown out into the bedroom.

[YOUTUBE]nxDQHrBro_U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PKOd92cfNnc[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been selling off some of my sps and getting more lps. Just got my first plate (orange) yesterday form AquaWorldPSC who is a sponsor on here and a local shop for me.....luckily....:bigsmile:

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Clam (Dersa)

I picked up a "new to me" clam today. It is already settled in and happy....:bigsmile:

My new Dersa, about 5". This makes 5 clams....:xd:

IMAG0022.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back