Power-up your Acro's..........

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bottle of acropower because some big names in the hobby Promoted it and said how great it was. I used it and didn't see much improvement in polyp extension. Then did a little research and the big names in the hobby that promoted it all have affiliations with TLF so I see why they all raved about it now :)

Hmmmm it's the same big names I'm waiting to hear from.

Being in the hobby long enough, you start to realise most of these potions are not what they claim to be. At the start there will be mass purchases and threads such as these with many posts and then it kind of dies down...:bigsmile:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Being in the hobby long enough, you start to realise most of these potions are not what they claim to be. At the start there will be mass purchases and threads such as these with many posts and then it kind of dies down...:bigsmile:

Yup.............I presented the facts very early in this thread, but hype is wayyy stornger than facts and logic. The same thing is happening all over again for a product line I'm not going to bring up here.

Bigmatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a capful every day on an sps dominant system 120 gallons water volume, has helped with color growth and very noticeable polyp extention

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dosed a gallon in 2.5 days-Hopefully that kicks starts something-LOL

Toggled my doser to "on" thru my apex and not "auto" I grabbed the gallon bottle to shake it up and it was empty-nothing like dosing 1.1 ml per minute until you go through 3785 mls.

Dangit, that bottle was supposed to last 3+ months, not 2.5 days

maybe I'll do a 10% water change :tongue:

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we'll find out about adverse effects of overdosing... Well, your tank is pretty big, so might not have a huge effect.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Toggled my doser to "on" thru my apex and not "auto" I grabbed the gallon bottle to shake it up and it was empty-nothing like dosing 1.1 ml per minute until you go through 3785 mls.

I hope you not going to charge me more for my frags you holding, that is if they still frags and not turned into mini-colonies over night!
No kidding Brad, how could this happen to you?
Third grade dosing schedule?

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a 35 gallon water change, I should be fine :nerd:

I thought the first mistake was bad, I programmed the doser to dose a weeks worth in 24 hours, so after 48 hours I checked the programming since I thought I did it wrong. I fixed the programming to dose 5mls an hour and then I toggled the doser to the off position for 6 days to let it "catch up"

Well two days ago I toggled the switch one spot to far I guess :target: and it landed on "on"

I think it was all the excitement of Santa Claus coming so soon.

So my 3 day recap is I forget to post to grow out challenge and dosed 4 months in 48 hours-Santa better be doing me that Red Ryder

All will be fine Im sure-the acans are looking happy :spit:

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did a 35 gallon water change, I should be fine :nerd:

I thought the first mistake was bad, I programmed the doser to dose a weeks worth in 24 hours, so after 48 hours I checked the programming since I thought I did it wrong. I fixed the programming to dose 5mls an hour and then I toggled the doser to the off position for 6 days to let it "catch up"

Well two days ago I toggled the switch one spot to far I guess :target: and it landed on "on"

I think it was all the excitement of Santa Claus coming so soon.

So my 3 day recap is I forget to post to grow out challenge and dosed 4 months in 48 hours-Santa better be doing me that Red Ryder

All will be fine Im sure-the acans are looking happy :spit:

Haha, well let us know what happens, if anything.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of today the only thing I can tell is the acros all grew about an inch overnight :thumb:

In all honesty I cant see a difference, I do have a few frags I cut for a recent sale I did that look like they lost color but I also have them under a different set of LEDs too so it may be that. I tested the water PO4 .01 KH 8.4 NO3 .02 and those are the same params I always see.
I made up a 100 gallons of water that I suppose I'll go ahead do a water changed :clap2:

All in all I figured I dosed about 3400mls in roughly 2.4 days-Im supposed to be glad nothing adverse happened but in that same sentence I'm a little disheartened there was no effect per se.
Maybe I'll order another gallon and pour it all in at once and see if that sparks something :bigsmile:

Oh well, I'm still hoping for that Red Ryder I mentioned

Merry Xmas everyone!

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals are already in water they don't need anymore dosed to the tank. Fuel from aquavitro is a 100x better supplement

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuel is a better supplement? Last I heard, the consensus was that it was a ridiculously expensive cyano fuel/snake oil

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell that to my acros that grow extremely fast since using. Never ever had a cyano outbreak from using it. Maybe the people that said that just dosed quick instead of starting slow which is what anyone should do before they follow the recommended dosage

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell that to my acros that grow extremely fast since using. Never ever had a cyano outbreak from using it. Maybe the people that said that just dosed quick instead of starting slow which is what anyone should do before they follow the recommended dosage

duke62, out of curiosity, have you tried the same method that you use with aquavitro fuel with acropower? Or what experience with acropower have you had where you can claim aquavitro fuel as a superior product?

Last edited:

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always found seachem to be a slightly slimy/weasely company, but then when they came out with aquavitro "high end" additives it was confirmed. On that basis alone I'll pass. If I see your acros, I'll tell them they're doing well because of all of the other things their owner is doing right, but that they could probably do without 'fuel'

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used acropower for 2 months. All I noticed was brown algae growing on my glass. No improvement with color or growth. I have had saltwater since 2006 and tried many supplements and acropower to me was another waste in money. Aquavitro since using it I have noticed daily growth to where when my lights come on I can see it day to day. I love fuel and yes to me it is superior to acropower

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used acropower for 2 months. All I noticed was brown algae growing on my glass. No improvement with color or growth. I have had saltwater since 2006 and tried many supplements and acropower to me was another waste in money. Aquavitro since using it I have noticed daily growth to where when my lights come on I can see it day to day. I love fuel and yes to me it is superior to acropower

Your vote of confidence sold me on trying the "fuel" once my Red Sea amino is used up. I bought acro power a few months ago, but now thinking about selling it locally since it's unopened.

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robby I can should you a pic of my red planet 12 days apart on how much growth took place in those 12 days

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't pay attention to the color, I can't figure out the white balance to LEDs yet but you can see the growth in 12 days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 432

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back