Power-up your Acro's..........

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Korallen-zucht makes an amino acid product too, been out for many years. Nobody has the market cornered on this, and there isn't any reason to believe that one product is substantially better than all the rest. Hard to choose, it all really comes down to marketing and word of mouth.

Someone should do a study that evaluates a few of these products vs a control. Maybe Than at tidal gardens should do it!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so then it's safe to say it's working for you ?

Tough to quantify "working" I see better polyp extension but I did also when I dosed Elos which I thought was a great product unfortunately for my size tank I couldn't afford to continue to use it. When I say afford, the results didn't justify the expense. I've never been unsatisfied with my SPS growth, I just see the dosing as a value add and for the cost of acro power I'll continue to use it for at least another gallon since I do see better polyp extension

Last edited:

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great that it's working for you. I tried it for a little did not like the results I got from it so I stopped but I had other things going on with the tank so I cannot put the blame on AP. But I will give it a try again in a few weeks. I'm currently running funa Marin with my brs two part for some months now I love the results and will continue to use this product but you have to make sure your phos and nitrates are low.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the Acro-Power and was not impressed. After more research I found that Salifert had a product out. It's Coraline AminoAcids. The Salifert product uses all pharmaceutical grade components and within two weeks I noticed a HUGE difference in polyp extension, color and growth. Salifert has been making this product for over 10 years and I dose once per week. Love the product, no algae growth, and no elevated levels. My torts, milles, and other sps have great polyp extension. Just my two cents.

So is the name of this product Coraline AminoAcids? I've always been impressed with Salifert and their products, and would like to give this product a try.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Korallen-zucht makes an amino acid product too, been out for many years. Nobody has the market cornered on this, and there isn't any reason to believe that one product is substantially better than all the rest. Hard to choose, it all really comes down to marketing and word of mouth.

Someone should do a study that evaluates a few of these products vs a control. Maybe Than at tidal gardens should do it!

Than is Awesome!

I love his YouTube Videos and watch all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tidalgardens/videos

If you are unfamiliar with his Videos please click on the Link Above.

Last edited:

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to quantify "working" I see better polyp extension but I did also when I dosed Elos which I thought was a great product unfortunately for my size tank I couldn't afford to continue to use it. When I say afford, the results didn't justify the expense. I've never been unsatisfied with my SPS growth, I just see the dosing as a value add and for the cost of acro power I'll continue to use it for at least another gallon since I do see better polyp extension
Brad, I'm starting to think that you could probably pee in your tank and your corals would flourish! I'll help you market the new product...

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it a while ago. At the time I was really desperate for growth though. I didn't see anything too special becuase of it in my tank but I had many friends who did.

Greg79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Acro Power ,you can really see improve in PE but be careful recommended dose split to every day dosing raise my po4 0.04 in about a week
I would start with half a dose..
Still think fish poop is the best

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Figured I'd try to revive this thread as it's a good discussion. What's everyone's take on AP at this point? Share your experiences.

httorihanzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bottle and after starting use PE was massive. Thats about the only expericnce i've had with it this far. if PE = Good and AP = PE then AP = Good?

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not an expert in keeping sps but have been growing sps for quite sometimes now (8 yrs). and When I tried Acro powder, I did not see any improvement on my sps corals.
I use the basic instant ocean salt and keep my parameters level stabled for my sps needs and with a good T5 light, then everything rock

dave57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter how much I dose I don't see any improvement, daily, hourly or weekly.... I think it's a gimmick, nothing will beat stability in parameters including proper spectrum, flow and tank maturity. I don't think there ever will be a product or magical solution that will make corals grow faster..just like weight loss there are so many suppliments, exercises, diets but it really comes down to eating right and doing it consistently.

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Idea! Because I was just coming back on here to ask people ... -->

....--> how long was it until you started seeing results. I am running an ULNS and have been dosing AP for about 9 days now ... not to much improvement to see or note. Obviously I am going to hang in there, but so far not to much "good" to report

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just started this week...we'll see...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm also curious about whether it's better to dose a little each day or a large dose once a week. I feed my coral 2x each week (feeding coral in largish doses a few times a week rather than a couple of small doses each day seems to be pretty common practice), so I'm curious if large doses for a "big gulp" is possibly better than constantly maintaining a level of amino acids available in the system (or vice versa).

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also curious about whether it's better to dose a little each day or a large dose once a week. I feed my coral 2x each week (feeding coral in largish doses a few times a week rather than a couple of small doses each day seems to be pretty common practice), so I'm curious if large doses for a "big gulp" is possibly better than constantly maintaining a level of amino acids available in the system (or vice versa).
Constant is what I have gathered...and that falls in line with everything else you hear in this hobby ....the magic word of CONSISTENCY [emoji16]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back