Power-up your Acro's..........

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive! The Red Sea actually works pretty well, but I'm not sold it's the best.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my hiccup in March I did broke down my tank to just start all over.
Since than I'm running a full ZEO schedule with once a week a 40ml dose of Fuel.
All is good and crazy growth.
Now I must say that that isn't only from a full ZEO schedule or the fuel.
There are lots more factors in this coral game.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always found seachem to be a slightly slimy/weasely company, but then when they came out with aquavitro "high end" additives it was confirmed. On that basis alone I'll pass. If I see your acros, I'll tell them they're doing well because of all of the other things their owner is doing right, but that they could probably do without 'fuel'

Why do you feel the AquaVitro Line made Seachem Worse?

Many Many People seem to Love AquaVitro and Regular Seachem Products too.

What Brand do you Prefer and Why?

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel I agree , I did make slight changes like added 1 more fixture and took the socks offline but I still feel with this product my SPS have reacted very positive.

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you feel the AquaVitro Line made Seachem Worse?

Many Many People seem to Love AquaVitro and Regular Seachem Products too.

What Brand do you Prefer and Why?

Well they're all out to make money. TLF at least has the best interest of the hobby in part of its decision making. And I kind of like red sea for being honest about what's in their products and at least trying to offer an explanation of how they work. But seachem has always been a "just buy this and add this much to your tank, it will do great" kind of company

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they're all out to make money. TLF at least has the best interest of the hobby in part of its decision making. And I kind of like red sea for being honest about what's in their products and at least trying to offer an explanation of how they work. But seachem has always been a "just buy this and add this much to your tank, it will do great" kind of company

So because Seachem does not explain things as much like Red Sea you assume that they are inferior products?

Maybe they want to keep others from copying them?

Have you ever tried their products and proven them to be bad?

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried their products. The calcium and carbonate liquid additives both had precipitates in the bottom of the bottle, little rocks. The dosing instructions were vague and made no mention of testing and supplementing based on demand. One of the reps I met was very pushy and seemed to have very little knowledge about actually keeping corals and fish. I just got a bad taste from those experiences, and didn't look back. But the whole principle of the aquavitro line is what really gets me. They're basically saying "well our other, cheaper (but still not that cheap) products are OK, but if you really want a nice tank you need to spend more money for the luxury brand". Might as well be selling shark fin soup and golden iPhones haha

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So adding more supplements to a product doesn't deserve a higher price tag? Maybe the cheaper brand worked well but the new bottle works even better. Don't know about you but a 1liter bottle at 20 bucks does not seem like to high of a price tag. Companies are always redoing products don't make them money hungry makes them good business men.

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, you ignored the entire first part of my answer. Secondly, it sounds like you really like seachem products (fair enough), but I think that may be clouding your judgement and explains why your posts kind of stray into fanboyism. Thirdly, I'm not saying red sea, or tlf, or any other company or supplement is 'the best', I'm just sharing my own personal thoughts, observations, and experiences with seachem, which I believe is a shady company.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, use what ever you think is best for your tank and do throw a stink if someone else uses B as you like A.
Marketing is something wonderful.
Share your experiences not your hate.
Merry Christmas

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so guess a regular conversation can't be achieved without throwing names. Use what you want I dislike acropower and going by what someone who endorsed it in a blog isn't the way to pick a product. Especially doing research and finding out that the person who wrote the blog was buddies with the inventor. It did nothing for me but create brown algae. And fuel is the only product I use from seachem. After trying zeo and a number of other products this is what I like. I'll leave it at that , have a happy holiday :)

mikellini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've never even tried Acropower, but if I did decide to try something, then fuel wouldn't be the first, or second choice. No harm done, we're just having a discussion and we disagree, and that's OK! Merry Christmas :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now back to the regular schedule program.
Let's hear from the guys that have been using AP Since this post started and are still using it.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so guess a regular conversation can't be achieved without throwing names. Use what you want I dislike acropower and going by what someone who endorsed it in a blog isn't the way to pick a product. Especially doing research and finding out that the person who wrote the blog was buddies with the inventor. It did nothing for me but create brown algae. And fuel is the only product I use from seachem. After trying zeo and a number of other products this is what I like. I'll leave it at that , have a happy holiday :)

Fair game, Thank you.
Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've never even tried Acropower, but if I did decide to try something, then fuel wouldn't be the first, or second choice. No harm done, we're just having a discussion and we disagree, and that's OK! Merry Christmas :)

Sounds like a plan, thank you.
Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now back to the regular schedule program.
Let's hear from the guys that have been using AP Since this post started and are still using it.

Even better.
You are a Good Sir.
Merry Christmas.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never stopped using it, up until a couple days ago but I plan to order another gallon and use the doser on a daily basis vs the weekly dosing of 150 mls. It just seems daily is better (if don't right)

I plan to add a few lines in the programming of the apex to send an alarm if it doses more than a certain amount of time just incase I flipped the switch again.

I typically only do a 7-10% water change about every 60 days or so sometimes longer so the dosing may help. That's always been my WC routine tho even before the days of dosing-I run a cruel reef :)

Feathers&Frags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the Acro-Power and was not impressed. After more research I found that Salifert had a product out. It's Coraline AminoAcids. The Salifert product uses all pharmaceutical grade components and within two weeks I noticed a HUGE difference in polyp extension, color and growth. Salifert has been making this product for over 10 years and I dose once per week. Love the product, no algae growth, and no elevated levels. My torts, milles, and other sps have great polyp extension. Just my two cents.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back