Purple Hornet Ripoff?

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer!!

yea... I recognized that pic as soon as i saw it... Its Marvins Pic.... Thats the pic that i went off of for reference when i bought my PH... By the way.. I treated my tank with Ich attack which worked fine for me in the past. I had a small PH frag just starting to pop out its second and third head when it just died. Everything else was fine except for the dead PH. So when this happend i dumped out my ich attack and just kept my fish well fed.. Well that didnt work both my helfrichs got ich and died.. I had no money at the time to get any ich treatments and afetr loosing my PH i didnt want to try somthing else. All this hassel and loss for a dam purple tang.. The purple tang is fine but in getting it its pressece led to the demise of 2 expensive butt fish and and expensice butt polyp... Im wrecked... I havent even been messing with my tank for the last couple of weeks. I just lost hope. I was actually thinking of tearing my tank down at one point...

Last edited:

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about ur troubles, but the Purple Tang is a Zos eater, I had one and he ate my most expensives Zoas, good luck.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, great job guys. what a shame that we have to worry about this kind of crap.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about ur troubles, but the Purple Tang is a Zos eater, I had one and he ate my most expensives Zoas, good luck.

Not exactly true - any fish can and will eat other things if not fed right, or if they just get an inkling to try its mouth at something new.

My tang and foxface are model citizens, but I feed them all kinds of different foods to keep them happy - MOST tangs don't eat polyps.

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang didnt eat anything. It just had ich which led me to treat which then killed the PH which led me to stop treating which led to the helfrichs getting ich and dying. shewww.. That was long

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No that is not the person. I believe that I know him and have bought some really nice GPE's from him.

Flreeffreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here's the coup de gra I know who they are ts chapin coerdt and her boyfriend russel. I've ran into bot ofthem at both exotc aquatic. Coral reef farm. And eco reef n ft lauderdale. talked to them on a few occasions... They are just hobbiest that think they can rip people off. They now have a website called The Salty Dawg - Downright Insane Exotics and he's selling illegal coral too. He has a aussy star coral listed on his site that I know he took from our reefs here in fl. There was a thread about him on reef central a while back for selling fake bubble gum chalices. Chapin is a very sweet girl in person but her boyfriend seems like he doesn't care as long as he makes a fast buck. Shame that people try to scam so much. And to use such a presios thing as livng creatures to do so.

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
salty dawg is the name he used when I talked to him.
I wouldn't buy anything from their website knowing what I do.

Murphs205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone should watermark their pics ,,,saves on bogus pics and sales

meemoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wish I read this post several days before I arranged a trade and sent him 12 awsome corals only to have been lied to and not recieve a single one back. It has taken me a couple of days to find this guy. I have all of his info: Name, Address, Email, Myspace, Facebook etc. He even gave me his cell number and I spoke with him on the phone. Boy in 6 years of trading in this hobby this has never once happend to me. He made several excuses why he didn't send my corals. First was Fed Ex was closed, second day they returned his damaged package. Now he does not return my emails. I am not sure what to do? He is on several other forums I know of 2 off hand and who know's who he is ripping off. He also goes by a different name on frags.org so he probably is scamming there.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wish I read this post several days before I arranged a trade and sent him 12 awsome corals only to have been lied to and not recieve a single one back. It has taken me a couple of days to find this guy. I have all of his info: Name, Address, Email, Myspace, Facebook etc. He even gave me his cell number and I spoke with him on the phone. Boy in 6 years of trading in this hobby this has never once happend to me. He made several excuses why he didn't send my corals. First was Fed Ex was closed, second day they returned his damaged package. Now he does not return my emails. I am not sure what to do? He is on several other forums I know of 2 off hand and who know's who he is ripping off. He also goes by a different name on frags.org so he probably is scamming there.

He is probably selling your corals to someone else now.

I would definetely post a thread on all the forums you know of warning others what has happened, and allow him to either make it right, or explain the situation to everyone.

That sucks!!!

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the most important - Sign him up for gay **** mags and get them sent to his house. His GF might have a few questions. ;)

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the most important - Sign him up for gay **** mags and get them sent to his house. His GF might have a few questions.

ROTFLMAO

Meemo, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm getting increasingly irked at this couple. You know what, I'm going to send them that package after all. PM me their address if you don't mind, and they'll be getting something real "SPECIAL" from me. Very exotic smelling.

Oh, and if you have their info, report them to the police. These two are crooks and committing theft and fraud.

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Meemo sorry to hear about your situation man.....btw what corals did you send the guy in question?? cant believe the extent some people go through to scam good people who put their time, money and love into this hobby.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
meemoo, post your list of corals ( pictures) you sent him so we can watch the other forums to see if and when he will try and sell/trade or just scam others with them.

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the guy lives in another state, call the feds. It is a federal offense to committ interstate fraud. The Postal Service might be able to go after him for using the mail to committ fraud.
my.02

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back