Purple Hornet Ripoff?

meemoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten on the other forums so now I think I will call him and discuss this. If anyone else has had this happen to them please let me know. I am out like $350. Some of the corals I sent were Cats eye zoas, Tyree Flower Petal monti cap, Tri color acro, Palau green tree coral and a bunch of othe SPS/zoas.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping in touch with Chapin. I've set up an "exchange shipping" day with her, and gotten an address. Funny thing, she just emailed me last night offering me a tricolor acro as a bonus trade, sending along a super-saturated pic. Really makes me wonder if they might actually have all these corals and just have no intentions of ever sending them out to anyone.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, she also emailed me and made it clear that she wants us to ship on the same day. Some stupid excuse, but of course we all know why. No doubt she intends to email me later that day, after I send tracking info, with a story about how they got held up or had an emergency that prevented them from shipping that day, but don't worry, they'll ship tomorrow. They'll be sure to let you know when your coral arrives safely. Hah.

Well, this time there won't be any worries about the safe arrival of my coral.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I haven't sent anything yet, but I work at the shop tonight, and I'm going to have them hold any deads they pull out of the freshwater for me. I don't really have any corals that I'd trash for this, but I think I can come up with some decent substitutes. And a heat pack works wonders on rotting junk.

Part of me feels like this isn't a very Christian thing to do, but on the other hand they are asking for it and need a good lesson. Aside from some serious stink, and a moral slap in the face, I don't see this as doing any real harm.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I haven't sent anything yet, but I work at the shop tonight, and I'm going to have them hold any deads they pull out of the freshwater for me. I don't really have any corals that I'd trash for this, but I think I can come up with some decent substitutes. And a heat pack works wonders on rotting junk.

Part of me feels like this isn't a very Christian thing to do, but on the other hand they are asking for it and need a good lesson. Aside from some serious stink, and a moral slap in the face, I don't see this as doing any real harm.

I don't see anything wrong with it personally. In fact, she's lucky she didn't burn me.

There are 3 things that you don't mess with of mine - My family, my true friends, and my money...

Thats pretty harmless, and actually a nice way of letting her know its not a cool idea to do that to people.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do they think your sending them?

Let's see...

A giant frag of my yellow monti w/blue polyps
4" sunset monti chunk
three small chalice colonies
10 eye mini colony of my Acan. rotundaflora
Pink Lemon Drops Palys
ATL Appleberry palawanensis
Black Crystal Death
Grinch Monti 2-3"
Lunars

And of course, some "suprises" in exchange for the tricolor acro now.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is she supposedly sending you in return for this trade??

An 11 polyp (8 adults) frag of purple hornets
2 giant acro colonies
like four or five large frags of some made up "bad butt" palys/zoas
a tricolor acro colony
ladies man acro mini colony

I dunno, a lot of crap. The only thing I really wanted in the first place were the PH's.

OP
OP
Nanofins

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, to be fair, only 8 adults, with three babies budiding off. You know, like the picture.:tongue:

Murphs205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It IS a Fedral offence to commit interstate fraud , BUT getting them to take on a small "Fish" thing would be a hard one , for a hundered bucks. we all would like them to go after people like him, but thats small time stuff for the feds to get involved , still a crime but way low on their hit list. and if that girl is such a nice person like i read , she must be stupid as a rock cause she's now involved in it , and its a matter of time before ole boyfriend slips up. If the people on R2R, FRAGS.ORG,AND RC, can figure him/her out the feds and the state of Fla could tear him up in about 29 minutes,,,,, and boy if it could ever be proved that some of his coral came from the reefs in Fla ,,,then the Feds would take a serious look at him and stupid as a rock girlfriend of his,,,,,,bet ya nickel he has priors in the legal system

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
After hearing from Gary at ReefPets that it wasn't one of his pictures, I was still getting a bad vibe, so I asked for other pictures and got the story that the dog chewed up the camera battery and charger. This is when I decided not to invest any money or corals.
A day later is when the thread started here.
Everything he said to me and at reeffrontiers started to tell me it was a scam.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats this person contact info i wanna get a trade going as well lol send them some nice poop fish :) lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back