OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep them closed the best I can but this whole house has windows everywhere lol

image.jpg

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No products, I don't use lotion, and I did a water change yesterday and tested for ammonia today cane back as zero with the Red Sea test kit once before and after both zero
Are you testing with strips or drops? There are many things that a test kit doesn't check. I'm assuming you dont have a QT setup? If you do he needs to be in there ASAP if not, the only small chance he has is if you do a water change, just as a safety measure.

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep them closed the best I can but this whole house has windows everywhere lol

image.jpg

Any windex being sprayed anywhere near? My new 10g is in the living room and I told the wife absolutely NO chemicals in that area of the room. A little bit of cleaner can bomb your tank.

Dahni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any windex being sprayed anywhere near? My new 10g is in the living room and I told the wife absolutely NO chemicals in that area of the room. A little bit of cleaner can bomb your tank.
For sure..plus air freshener also

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like that, and it's only the one fish acting strange the others are normal and have been in there for much longer

Dahni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug ins are fine LOL, no sprays what so ever. Even spraying paper towel with windex in a differently room and cleaning your tank is no good. It can actually penetrate your tank and throw off your parameters and Ben undetected!
That's right...lol...guess I should have been more specific

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to guess, although very hardy, your tank size can't handle the bio load. Doesn't seem like you have the best filtering system (just guessing) and your ammonia may be going up. Do a water change ASAP. Dose with special blend and nite out II.

Dahni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in water changes and it definitely should be done soon as your able and also quarantine him in case he has Brooklynella. ...a clown fish parisiete in the gills, that can spread throughout your tank

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they do, that's how most of them by absorbing sunlight to convert to sugar molecules (photosynthesis) but most corals are not at the surface of the ocean and do not do well in direct sunlight like that, especially in addition to LED's. Ever hear of bleaching corals?

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in water changes and it definitely should be done soon as your able and also quarantine him in case he has Brooklynella. ...a clown fish parisiete in the gills, that can spread throughout your tank
Agreed!

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I leave the fish in there?
Honestly, I would say yes but do a water change ASAP and if he's alive tomorrow ask your LFS about filter. Don't forget the special blend and nite out II. I honestly cannot stress the water change enough. I would 12 gallons. Nite out II will reduce ammonia and nitrites, special blend is good bacteria that is essential for smaller tanks to help keep water nice and healthy. You have a small hang on back (HOB) filter?

Dahni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry...hit wrong button....
I always quarantine sick fish and not leave my tank to chance

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back