Question?

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys I recently added two ocellaris clown to my tank about a week ago. One clown is doing great swimming eating but the other tends to just lay in the bottom and have short spurts of movement and will eat a little. Is this normal?

IMG_1916.JPG

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not normal to actually be laying on the sand bed

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look normal to me. What are your water parameters? How long has your tank been running?
Tank has been up for 3 months, I bough the tank with live rock and water from LFS established tank and sand. The other fish green Cromis and cardinal fish have been in there for a month just fine. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 15 nitrate

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been up for 3 months, I bough the tank with live rock and water from LFS established tank and sand. The other fish green Cromis and cardinal fish have been in there for a month just fine. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 15 nitrate
Let's try and get those with more knowledge to help out. I'm not experienced enough. #reefsquad

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salinity and temperature? Acclimation of the two clowns?

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what to do? I don't want it to be suffering

Maybe some experts will come in. I'm still very new myself and I know how you feel. Sucks to see our little guys not acting normal and not sure what's going on.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown sitting on the bottom is not doing well at all and probably needs some type of treatment. Do you see any spots/film/dust on the fish? I take it that you just bought them from your local fish store and that they did not go through any type of QT?

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown sitting on the bottom is not doing well at all and probably needs some type of treatment. Do you see any spots/film/dust on the fish? I take it that you just bought them from your local fish store and that they did not go through any type of QT?
I'm not seeing any sign of spots or film, and that's correct local LFS and no quarantine

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after you added the fish did he start doing this? Have lots of algae build ipbdonto lighting? What kind of food? How often are you putting your hands in the water? I'll check this thread all night, once you answer these questions and based on what you said the params were, I'll Ben able to tell you what to do?

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after you added the fish did he start doing this? Have lots of algae build ipbdonto lighting? What kind of food? How often are you putting your hands in the water? I'll check this thread all night, once you answer these questions and based on what you said the params were, I'll Ben able to tell you what to do?
He started the day after, I feed mysis shrimp and thera new life spectrum. I had my hand in there the other day to clean the glass and do a 5 gallon water change. I'm using a coralife led light 18-24 inch

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean the glass with products ? Lotion on your hands? Spray cologne or anything near the tank? Treatment is needed for sure but I'd do a 15gal water change just incase of a spike in ammonia or something.

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean the glass with products ? Lotion on your hands? Spray cologne or anything near the tank? Treatment is needed for sure but I'd do a 15gal water change just incase of a spike in ammonia or something.
No products, I don't use lotion, and I did a water change yesterday and tested for ammonia today cane back as zero with the Red Sea test kit once before and after both zero

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, seems like your tank is in direct sunlight, that's not good for if and when you add corals so try and keep the blinds closed amap.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back