Question?

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is a addicting hobby lol and that's pretty awesome, I heard it's pretty tough to get the clowns to pair adding them at separate times
Not necessarily true. Every clown is different and have their own personality. It's true that it's not always the best idea to add clowns separately but that's because of territorial reasons. The reason people may say it's 'harder' to pair them is just because it takes longer to pair if they even pair at all. If you buy 2 clowns that are already paired or at least from the same batch at the LFS, well the ground work is already done. If you walk into a bar with someone you're seeing, after a few beers you already know what's going to go down afterwards. But walk in solo and expect the same outcome, well that is going to take some time and ground work... maybe even a few more beers.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is a addicting hobby lol and that's pretty awesome, I heard it's pretty tough to get the clowns to pair adding them at separate times
How are things this morning?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dahni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily true. Every clown is different and have their own personality. It's true that it's not always the best idea to add clowns separately but that's because of territorial reasons. The reason people may say it's 'harder' to pair them is just because it takes longer to pair if they even pair at all. If you buy 2 clowns that are already paired or at least from the same batch at the LFS, well the ground work is already done. If you walk into a bar with someone you're seeing, after a few beers you already know what's going to go down afterwards. But walk in solo and expect the same outcome, well that is going to take some time and ground work... maybe even a few more beers.
Lmbo...good one!

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things this morning?
Couldn't locate the little guy today, I'm assuming he didn't make it, did a water change, parameters remain the same, everyone else seems to be doing just fine

image.jpg

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy! I see that you have a sea star, had I seen that in the beginning I would have said that your params are probably good because they are not too hardy and do not do well with parameter changes. But I have to say this, I'm surprised he's alive because usually the tank has to be very well established, you are not alone in this an so I need to take my own advise but SLOW IT DOWN LOL.

OP
OP
Apenagos33

Apenagos33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy! I see that you have a sea star, had I seen that in the beginning I would have said that your params are probably good because they are not too hardy and do not do well with parameter changes. But I have to say this, I'm surprised he's alive because usually the tank has to be very well established, you are not alone in this an so I need to take my own advise but SLOW IT DOWN LOL.
Yea I'm definitely not gonna be adding anything for awhile, and yes I have him and a sand sifter both been in there for about a month.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see that the fish is M.I.A. I took me 8 months until I successfully replaced mine. I would still try a BTA anemone so that the other clown has something to host in. When adding another clown make sure the new clown is much smaller that the current one. The large of the clowns will undergo a change is sex to female and the smaller will be the male.

Reef Ryder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most would let an anemone host them except for ocellaris, they do, but not as often as a maroon clown for example. IF you get another clown, not advised at the momen, get a bigger one, not smaller one. They become territorial, if you get a new, smaller one, the pre existing bigger one will probably kill it. If you get a bigger one, the existing smaller one won't bother the bigger one but the new bigger one will respect the space of the existing smaller one

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u place them in a qt tank for 3 weeks before putting them in display tank? If he is lying on sand bed w occassional spurts then i would get he cant breathe correctly. If u dont see spots i would guess gill flukes or worms. Preferably place all fish in 5 gallon qt tank--really easy and cheap to set up. Does w praxipro for gill flukes, i personally always give new fish 5-10 min fresh water dip (kills alot of diseases--make sure u match the ph), and maybe use cupramine if u see spots on other fish.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%
Back