Returning after over 20 years, can't believe it's been that long!

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah 20 year hiatus and I thought my 12 year break was big. Good times. Man I am home all the time now so it felt like the right time to get back into this. :)

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to the team!

OP
OP
T

Totallytollied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah 20 year hiatus and I thought my 12 year break was big. Good times. Man I am home all the time now so it felt like the right time to get back into this. :)
Yes, can't quite believe that it's been that long, have intended to jump back in plenty of times but there has always been something that has made it difficult like moving home, renovating houses or work commitments. Like you I'm home most of the time now and have about six months work finishing my house (I work alone so the barn conversion I'm doing has taken a long time) but I have been able to design the place for the tank and look forward to getting started when everything else is finished.

One thing I have learnt is that if I wait for the perfect time then it will never happen.

Patrick Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! glad youre getting back to an amazing hobby! R2R is the best - the people are great and the information is astounding. Good luck with your new setup! ( i just setup a new 15 gallon nano tank myself after almost a year off fromt he hobby - due to a move from OH to VT - I thought that was a long time to go without a tank. haha)

OP
OP
T

Totallytollied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! glad youre getting back to an amazing hobby! R2R is the best - the people are great and the information is astounding. Good luck with your new setup! ( i just setup a new 15 gallon nano tank myself after almost a year off fromt he hobby - due to a move from OH to VT - I thought that was a long time to go without a tank. haha)
Hi, great to find such a friendly community, you did far better than me, after being beaten by algae and leaving the hobby I then moved house and intended to start again after renovating. However life got in the way and four house builds later and over 20 years I’m not putting it off any longer. Perhaps the biggest difference this time is as you say - the availability of great information and help.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back