Rich Ross - Home Tank - guess the phosphate

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Will check it out. I agree, low no3 and po4 did not deal with the algae I had (bryopsis mostly). And now that the algae is almost gone, my no3 is now 12 as opposed to under 2-3 and po4 .11 as opposed to 0-2. Which tells me that the algae was consuming my nutrients and now I'm seeing more realistic tank numbers.

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots going on with the home display - big battery back up for power outages, secret door for electral and controller access, and more. But, the cool think was the Acropora millepora spawns in Nov and Dec. I am trying to find time to finish the video, but in the meantime, I was able to get timelapse of coral larvae settling - something I have been after for 10 years. Doign the coral spawning at home def makes some things easier.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots going on with the home display - big battery back up for power outages, secret door for electral and controller access, and more. But, the cool think was the Acropora millepora spawns in Nov and Dec. I am trying to find time to finish the video, but in the meantime, I was able to get timelapse of coral larvae settling - something I have been after for 10 years. Doign the coral spawning at home def makes some things easier.

That is just awesome!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rich that's awesome! Is this sped up or do they move that fast?

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess the phosphate -

addams for wall values-1.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted not too long ago with some numbers, but it is impossible to tell if this is at home, work or whatever. They seem to all get mixed in my head. I could cheat and repeat these but my guess is that I missed something.

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home display - taken last night. The secret home lab is also at home. I haven't been involved directly with off my site stuff since 2020. Doing some work preparing for spawning, including a projctet that has me looking at phosphate again, so I know numbers, and thought of this thread
You posted not too long ago with some numbers, but it is impossible to tell if this is at home, work or whatever. They seem to all get mixed in my head. I could cheat and repeat these but my guess is that I missed something.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess the phosphate -

addams for wall values-1.jpg
Somewhere near the upper limit of my Hanna ULR’s detection ability without diluting the sample.

I recommend a 100% water change to get it back towards the bottom end where the crowd dwells in peace. Just don’t do it too fast or else the corals won’t want to breed for you. :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back