OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to go lower or is the mid .65 where you want to be? Only reason I'm asking because I doubt the reduction you made really matters much one way or the other.
I have an easy way of testing so as long as it is easy I am interested in messing with it, and looking for post feeding trends.
I don't think a drop all the way to .03 will make a practical difference in coral health.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an easy way of testing so as long as it is easy I am interested in messing with it, and looking for post feeding trends.
I don't think a drop all the way to .03 will make a practical difference in coral health.
Where do you keep your alkalinity?

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you keep your alkalinity?
between 8 and 9. I used to keep it between 12 and 13 during the time of the phosphate macna talk, but when I lowered it I saw no impact so I left it low because easier is easier.

Last edited:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
between 8 and 9. I used to keep it between 12 and 13 during the time of the phosphate macna talk, but when I lowered it I saw no impact so I left it low because easier is easier.
Thank you so much. :)

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS Nov1 2023 IMG_7823.jpg

Guess the phosphate. Testing at 12:25 PST

Shot taken with iphone, SKY's on neptune sky mode, 100%, with Polyp Lab orange filter. Take at 7 amish, with the lights turned up for the photo. Most fish sleeping

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS Nov1 2023 IMG_7823.jpg

Guess the phosphate. Testing at 12:25 PST

Shot taken with iphone, SKY's on neptune sky mode, 100%, with Polyp Lab orange filter. Take at 7 amish, with the lights turned up for the photo. Most fish sleeping
0.20ppm.

Ps I like this game. :)

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Richard! This is Peter - we met at the Steinhart way back when. Tank is looking great as always - and I'm loving the podcast! That phosphate level is crazy - a good example of just what an established reef tank can handle : )

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Richard! This is Peter - we met at the Steinhart way back when. Tank is looking great as always - and I'm loving the podcast! That phosphate level is crazy - a good example of just what an established reef tank can handle : )
Hey Peter! Thanks!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Out of curiosity what is your mixture rate and container size of LC if you don't mind me asking. Also if you don't mind what is the dosing rate/day. And do you calculate that based on total water volume or is it display only?

Sorry to hit so many questions but I was curious. I've been thinking about dosing a weak mixture into my refugium which I could place the overflow drain into a filter sock to catch particulates. Still on the fence but it has to be easier than dealing with GFO which doesn't last long for me.

Hope your day is going well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back