SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time, money, and sleep, of course, and relaxation!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tinker with my tanks and spend time with my family.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? My newest addition to my hobbies is a planted freshwater aquarium and a Dwarf Shrimp tank I'm starting up! I also like to read and I'm trying to learn to crochet.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Usually by watching TV with the hubby and playing games on my phone or tablet.
  6. Do you collect anything? Nothing good...
  7. What is your favorite color? Shades of blues and purples.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? So many... if I had to pick one or two, it'd probably have to be Tangled and The Internship.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rock and Metal Core.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida State Seminoles.
  11. What's your favorite fish? Of the ones I have, my Valentini Puffer, Midas Blenny, and Watchman Goby, but i really would love to have tangs, too.
  12. Favorite coral? I like them but only have a mushroom at the moment.
  13. Favorite invert? My cleaner shrimp, but I also like tuxedo urchins with their little hats!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 75g with 6 fish, a 20g long with a pair of clowns and their new BTA, a 29g FW tank with plants and fish, and a 10g Dwarf Shrimp tank. I think I may have a problem, LOL!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'd like to get a few more fish for my 75g, a couple small rock nems in my 20g long, a few more fish for my 29g FW, and a colony of Dwarf Shrimp. I'd like to add a UV Sterilizer to the 75 eventually.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching my adorable little helicopter fish (Valentini Puffer), my adorable Midas Blenny, my cute little Watchman Goby, the interaction of the clowns with their new bestie BTA, and FW shrimp zoomies!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The fish!
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Gift cards for BRS or SWA .com, Anne Rice or Dean Koontz novels, spa gift cards, gift cards for Live Aquaria or pretty much any other retailers. I can find stuff anywhere!
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Super easy corals, colorful FW Dwarf Shrimp.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
  21. Shirt size? XL

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?
USA, Connecticut
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
new/unique Ideas for my tanks!
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
spend time with friends, play video games, relax, eat out at restaurants
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
I love to learn new things, and keeo my self busy learning all sorts of tricks skills and things like that. I like Hockey, football, legos, i love to build things.
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
legos, video games, social media, watching my fish
  1. Do you collect anything?
Watches, fish stickers!!!!, Tupac and Biggie memorabilia
  1. What is your favorite color?
Red
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
The Witcher
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
All types but lots of 90s rap
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
Pittsburgh Steelers, NY Rangers
  1. What's your favorite fish?
Blotched Anthias
  1. Favorite coral?
Frogspawn
  1. Favorite invert?
Turbo Snails
  1. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
450 gallon FOWLR currently in the process of turning it into a reef tank. in my tank I have:

Potato the yellow belly Puffer
Puppy the Stars and Stripes Puffer
Maurice the Emperor Snapper
Julian the Emperor Angel
Frank the File Fish
Mingii the Vlamingii Tang
Closseau the Maculosis Angel
Prince the Purple Tang
Dory the Hippo Tang
Rory the Hippo Tang
Mr Clean the Cleaner Wrasse
Sloth the Asfur Angel

I do have a build thread you can reach it by clicking my build thread badge!
  1. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
lots! corals and all sorts of necessities to turn my Fowlr into a reef.
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
swimming and eating
  1. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
having corals
  1. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
frag plugs, coral glue, other basic coral necessities , maybe a basic how to guide for corals
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
no, still working on rehoming my large predatorial species that will eat smaller fish
  1. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
N/A

Can’t wait to see who i get, Happy holidays!!!!
Scratch that I would be open to livestock being anything reefsafe or any coral, I forgot this would be december in regards to timeline :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tiabakshi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Relaxation time lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Go shopping, watch sports, spend time with my dog & family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Scuba diving, travelling, baking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I don't:smiling-face-with-tear:
  6. Do you collect anything? Postcards and shot glasses from different countries i've been to
  7. What is your favorite color? Pink
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Mamma Mia
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Pittsburgh Steelers, Novak Djokovic
  11. What's your favorite fish? Atlantic Blue Tang (I'd say Chevron Tang but never even seen one in person)
  12. Favorite coral? Pulsating Xenia is mostly what I've had so far but any LPS corals!
  13. Favorite invert? Blood Red Fire Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 450 gallon FOWLR transitioning to reef. We are going to keep our purple tang, hippo tangs, puffer fish (stars & stripes, yellow belly), Asfur Angelfish, Vlamingi Tang, Filefish - a lot of room to grow!
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Transitioning to reef so upgrading the structure of the rocks and starting to add some easy corals
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My 12" stars and stripes pufferfish or 8" Maculosis Angelfish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Testing the "limits" of what fish are compatible with reef/other fish
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Camera lens for iPhone to take reef tank photos, anything for someone beginning a reef tank
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, reef safe fish or any coral
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I would be grateful for absolutely anything I receive! Since I am transitioning to a reef tank, any livestock would be very exciting!

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? Pennsylvania U.S.A
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? water changes/going to the LFS
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Freshwater aquariums, diy projects
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? sit back and watch TV or my tanks
  6. Do you collect anything? hand tools / coral
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue / black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Game of thrones
  9. What type of music do you listen to? classic rock, old salsa, reggeton
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Philadelphia Eagles
  11. What's your favorite fish? purple tang
  12. Favorite coral? scolys
  13. Favorite invert? turbo snail
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have multiple tanks, my salt water set up is a red sea xl reefer 425, pair of clowns, midas blenny, yellow tang
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? yes, ill be upgrading flow and monitoring system
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Watching the sand swifting star zoom around the tank lol
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? coral growth
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything Reefing related
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes, corals, reef safe inverts
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) no

Last edited:

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?
    1. USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    1. Test Kits, Time, Patience
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    1. Bass fish, Camp, ride dirtbikes, maintenance tank.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    1. Bass fish, camping, ride dirtbikes, kids sports (2 girls, both playing club volleyball this year)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    1. Not alot of relax time... but spend time in garage, watch youtube videos of reefing, read about reefing etc.
  6. Do you collect anything?
    1. No
  7. What is your favorite color?
    1. Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    1. American Sniper, Forrest Gump
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    1. Honestly, whatever the kids have on the radio.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    1. Yes, unfortunately the Arizona Cardinals and am a HUGE Hockey fan, Arizona Coyotes.
  11. What's your favorite fish?
    1. Powder Blue tang or purple tang - have a powder blue and a pair of purple tanks - all are healthy, growing, fat (going on 4 years now) and everything went through a pretty thorough quarantine... so far, 0 disease or sign of disease.
  12. Favorite coral?
    1. All of them - don't have a favorite...
  13. Favorite invert?
    1. Reay enjoying my pistol shrimp (paired with a yellow watchmen)
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
    1. Only 1 at the moment, running exactly 1 year this weekend. It is a 7 FT 270G (84X30X24). Started with 100% dry rock, plan to go mixed reef. Only coral at the moment are some random zoas... was paying the waiting game on this tank. I do not have a build thread, just never thought about it in the beginning. Just picked up a Lagoon 50, may try Seahorses which is something I've never had or tried...
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
    1. The big one is wrap the stand... I really enjoy looking at the sump / plumbing, but it is time to wrap it. It is a steel stand, powder coated white. Looks nice, but need to finish it.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    1. At the moment my fish. Previously, it was just watching the tank grow / mature. Starting with frags, grow into small colonies (I've never kept a tank long enough to watch coral grow into large colonies... just dumb timing on my end, see a new tank for sale that I just had to have, frustrated with fish disease that forced me to shut down a previous tank, we moved etc.)
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
    1. Technology (controllers, pumps etc.), captive bred fish, aquaculture corals.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
    1. Test kits, Hannah Nitrate checker? As I move into coral with this tank I need to restock on test kits.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    1. Yes, if it can be done timely.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
    1. None

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time and Money...:rolleyes:
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? reef
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? R2R
  6. Do you collect anything? hats /custom tee shirts ,size medium
  7. What is your favorite color? black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Simpson's
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? CUBS ,Da BEARS... :rolleyes:
  11. What's your favorite fish? vlamingi tangs
  12. Favorite coral?
  13. Favorite invert? harley shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?LOL.:D
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? ALWAYS...
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? NEW CORALS
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Walmart gift card will do, list on Elfster...
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO
Ill Be Back Season 1 GIF by HouseBrokenFOX

Last edited:

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA, Connecticut
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time, Red Sea Filter Socks, Coral
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play video games, hang out with family and friends, flip over my snails, and tank maintenance
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Video games and tech, Nature as a whole, Music
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sleep
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals, and Gobies, Shoes
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue and Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? That's My Boy
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Hard Rap, Rap, Indie Rap, Sad Rap
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Yes, The Patriots and Chelsea
  11. What's your favorite fish? Gobies
  12. Favorite coral? Hammers
  13. Favorite invert? Cleaner shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 140g Red Sea Reefer Tank and a Innovative Marine Nuvo 15, I keep a mixed reef in the Red Sea Tank and the Innovative Marine is not setup yet, Yes
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Corals and the hitchhikers
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The Tech, Corals, Gobies
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Buckets, Towels, Red Sea Coral Pro Salt, Stickers, If you want to ship livestock then some corals would be nice :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:, Glue, Fragging Tools, Or anything related to what I talked about earlier in the thread
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure, I'd be interested in really anything that is reef safe and suitable for one of my tanks
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Newton, MA, USA
2. Gonis
3. Tank maintenance, usual house chores, play some Civ V or VI on my laptop, watch a movie, read manga
4. Play D&D (Tuesday eves), take pics with my phone , collect wizard and dragon figurines
5. See #3, maybe take a walk in good weather
6. Aforementioned figurines, coral
7. Red and Blue about equally
8. Space Battleship Yamato tv anime series (subbed)
9. Pretty eclectic music tastes covering all genres except newer country
10. All the Boston/Mass based teams. Fav are Celtics and Pats
11. Mandarin Dragonet, with Blennies close second
12. Fav coral is Gonis with Euphyllia close behind
13. Fav invert I guess would be urchins
14. I have a IM SR60. At present I have quite a few Gonis, a few Acans , Duncans, bowerbankis, a couple favia, a Platygyra , 2 frogspawn, a torch, toadstool leather, a Zoa , and a stylo. Yes I have build thread
15. I want to get a bit more live rock and possibly some live sand (ocean harvested), second media holder or possibly protein skimmer
16. I actually really get a kick out of watching my fish, esp. the clowns being goofy
17. Seeing all the different corals never gets old. I go onto vendor sites just to browse often
18. Reef themed t shirts are nice, stickers, inexpensive coral frag, fish/coral figurines, glue- always can use it, frag racks
19. Sure I’d be interested in livestock, but I know how crazy the holiday shipping can get so not a super priority(but would be nice…..)
20. Nothing really comes to mind.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? Middle Tennessee, US of A
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Alkalinity lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Kayak fishing
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Shooting and reef stuff
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Chill out in the garage and build fishing lures/flies
  6. Do you collect anything? Old tools
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dr. Who
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Metal
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope
  11. What's your favorite fish? Achilles Tang
  12. Favorite coral? Steve-a-pora
  13. Favorite invert? Harlequin Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a few and have build threads.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? In a year, move them to FL and upgrade to at least an 800 in the process
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Achilles tang and purple tang shoot across the flow and through the rocks
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Not really anymore
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Simple things. Brightwell 2 part, fishing stuff, kayak stuff, etc.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Not at this time of year, due to the weather and shipping issues recently.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. What is one thing you always need more of? Test kit reagents
3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I work weekends. I either spend time on R2R, working on my tank, or just plain working.
4. What are your other hobbies/interests? none, stop all other hobbies for this one.
5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching TV, cruising R2R, and watching my tank.
6. Do you collect anything? No

8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Anything Marvel or DC.

9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly 80's to 90's metal.

10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not really. I watch some sports, but do not have any favorite teams.

11. What's your favorite fish? Anything in the leopard wrasse family.

12. Favorite coral? Acropora, or Trachyphyllia

13. Favorite invert? Fuzzy chitons

14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 80g cube, mixed reef, SPS dominate, yes I have a build thread.

15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Nope

16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The relationships between my fish.

17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New coral, or fish.

18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Always need hanna reagents, calcium chloride, salt, you know the consumables in this hobby.

19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Anything SPS. No fish!

20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? U.S.A. Indiana
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Regent Nitrate High Range (HI782-25), Hanna Regent Phosphorus Ultra Low (HI736-25), ICP Water Analysis Tests, salt
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax, spend time with family and friends
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Seaglass art, Resin Art and other arts and crafts
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch fish tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Not really
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Not really just one. I like a lot different movies.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic 70’s, Country, Pop Rock.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite fish? Angels and Butterflies.
  12. Favorite coral? LPS
  13. Favorite invert? Bubble Tip Anemones
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Currently a 180 FOWLR but upgrading in a month to a 270, 34 gallon reef tank. Have a build thread on my 180
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes, upgrading to a 270 in a month
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Watch the fish swimming around and doing what fish do.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New advancements in equipment, new species being captive breed.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Hanna test regent listed above, MaxiJet power heads for mixing salt water as they always seem to die quickly. Reef related art work. New Life Spectrum pellet food. Pods from Algae Barn, rodi filters.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Not at this time
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Not that I can think of at this time.

Last edited:

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this isn’t the spot or if I missed it but when will the first name matching take place?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this isn’t the spot or if I missed it but when will the first name matching take place?
From post #1:

"The first matchup will take place on November 24th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping. After this, matches will happen weekly through December 10th."

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Filter socks, Equipment
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Travel, Relax, Reef
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Chemical Element Collecting
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Chemical Elements, Used to collect coins
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? More into College sports, Go Bucks
  11. What's your favorite fish? Regal Angel
  12. Favorite coral? acropora spathulata
  13. Favorite invert? Clams
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? No build thread yet. I have a 90 display linked to a frag tank. Currently getting my 60 gallon frag tank swapped over to a 160 gallon. Display is SPS dominated but I grow out mushrooms, LPS, SPS, Zoas in the frag tank.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Upgrading to the new frag tank in the next few weeks, but no plans after that for awhile.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My apex. I like to have a tank controller so I can monitor parameters to try to fiddle with processes and equipment to get a more stable tank.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Frag Swaps and watching youtube videos. I like to learn off other people and see the various ways people can tackle a single problem or be successful in the hobby.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Test Kits, basic equipment ( 4" filter socks, cleaning supplies, bacterial additives, ect.) Cant go wrong with apex items (probe calibrations, leak sensors) Fragging tools.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From post #1:

"The first matchup will take place on November 24th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping. After this, matches will happen weekly through December 10th."
Thank you!!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So excited.
Will Ferrell Santa GIF by filmeditor

Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA, Idaho state
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salt, fish foods
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I'm a stay at home mom, so I usually avoid busy weekends and get most things done during the week when others are working. So my weekends are usually just chilling around the house.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I love creating and crafting things with my daughter. Also I do many diy projects for my tanks and diy around the house. I'm also a big nail and manicure fan, always diy (of course) and my daughter and I have a large collection of nail dip powders from Etsy shops.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Again, stay at home mom, of 4 (3 boys and 1 girl), and we're homeschooling, so basically I'm always working. Time off looks like sleep.
  6. Do you collect anything? Ooooh! I collect unfinished projects lol. I also collect nail dip powders, and vinyl for cutting, both heat transfers and permanent.
  7. What is your favorite color? I really love shades of purple and teal.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I love classic Disney movies, grew up watching them and now that I have kids I get to love those moves all over again. Also most Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell movies, because life is to short not to laugh.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Typically billboard top 100. I'm boring, I know.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope, not a sports fan. Again, I'm boring, lol.
  11. What's your favorite fish? I love all my clownfish, they all greet me at the tank for feeding and I just love it.
  12. Favorite coral? Rock flower anemones, they're easy, beautiful and fun to feed.
  13. Favorite invert? Head over heels in love with my blue tuxedo urchins. So cute and funny little inverts. Great workhorses too!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Currently have a 29g mixed reef, build thread linked to the build thread button, and a newer 7g hexagon tank, build thread also on that.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm always tinkering, but I have a 75g planted freshwater tank I'm looking to switch to salt soon.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Hard to pick, I love the interaction between inhabitants, I love the micro life everywhere, I love looking at the tank after lights off with a flashlight too, you get to see all kinds of funky new things.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Nerdy, but I love reading and researching at much as I can about it all. I love reading about the animals and thier needs, the corals and thier requirements, the chemistry and how everything works together.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) This is hard, I'm better at giving than receiving, I'm looking to finally upgrade to Hanna testing so anything like that would be nice. I also love handmade art or anything fish/tank related. Or fragging tools, mine are random things I found in the garage lol.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no, only because this time of year is hard on livestock with cold temps and shipping delays and I hate opening doa packages, makes me a sad bear.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Good questions, but some about food/snacks/allergies.
  21. I love snacks, but am allergic to GLUTEN. (Gluten hates me, I wish I could have it) But I love chocolate, like chocolate covered cherries, peppermint bark, fudge, chocolate with caramel, chocolate with sea salt, dark or milk chocolate. Mmmmmm ..... Chocolate....
Chocolate Spongebob GIF by MTVU

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What country are you located in? USA - California

What is one thing you always need more of? Filter Floss

What do you like to do on the weekends? Catch up on tank maintenance and hang out with my daughter (7)

How do you relax after a long day at work? Oh, you know…. cook dinner, clean, help with homework. LOL

Do you collect anything? Succulents, Interesting Houseplants

What is your favorite color? Jewel tones

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Documentaries, Home Renovation

What type of music do you listen to? I’ve always been obsessed with music, I love a little of almost everything.

Do you follow any sports teams? Nope

What's your favorite fish? Clownfish

Favorite coral? Meat Corals (Trachy, Indo, Cynarina, Acantho)

Favorite invert? Starfish / Cleaner Shrimp

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? IM 40L, mostly LPS - I do have a build thread!

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No, just upgraded

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? All of it!

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I like the composition; I look at it like living art.

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Haribo gummies, reef maintenance, art, something unexpected

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Sure, if it’s a good fit for my tank.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA, Maryland
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? if sanity doesn't count, then probably nutrient control. outside the reef tank, running/cycling fuel.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? run, hike, ride my bike, go to a brewery.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I may get back into homebrewing, others (see above), I keep houseplants too, swing dancing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? a drink on the deck with the dog playing in the yard (when weather cooperates).
  6. Do you collect anything? I collect hobbies, LPS, plants, otherwise, not really. I have a small house so not a lot else fits in it.
  7. What is your favorite color? deep purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? a few are Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Firefly/Serenity, LOTR
  9. What type of music do you listen to? rock, bluegrass, hip-hop when I remember I like it.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? kinda the broncos if I am pressed into answering.
  11. What's your favorite fish? at the moment, my sharpnose puffer, pipefish, over-all too hard to tell. the mrs. likes discus but we have none and little space for them.
  12. Favorite coral? somewhere between gonis and pectinia.
  13. Favorite invert? I'm currently a fan of my tuxedo urchin, but favoritest ever is hard to say.
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have two tanks running now, a 40 breeder (in the banner on m profile) and a 15 cube (no thread). But they may turn into a 120 soon. I also have this one that is coming along slowly.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes, I have an empty 120 that will either replace the 75 gallon freshwater or the two saltwater tanks. If the 120 is fresh, the 75 will replace the two salt tanks.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? the puffer, the gonis, the hawkfish.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? learning more, always learning more.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) coral or if livestock is allowed a voracious algae eater that won't outgrow a 75, copapods, sump stuff I may not have as I am just now setting the sump up. Otherwise I also like experiences such as a trip to the National Aquarium. non-fish related running clothes or race entries (up to half-marathon), gravel cycling event entries.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* clean up crew, algae eating fish (I have hair algae), shrimp-goby
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) nothing I can think of at the moment, but I reserve the right to change my mind (likely won't happen).

Last edited:

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Just chill but mostly working
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Motorcycling, PC/Console gaming, music, ice hockey
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Cooking, Composing music, Writing, Watching/working on the tank with my son, maybe a stogie
  6. Do you collect anything? Stogies, Wines, Spirits
  7. What is your favorite color? Blues
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Too many to name---Star Wars (original trilogy), LOTR, Classic Disney Movies or Harry Potter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? For pure enjoyment/Day-to-Day: Classical, Reggae, 60s/70s/80s, NDH, Jazz, Opera, Country | For work: House, Trance, D&B, Techno, Hardstyle, Progressive, Electro, Reggae
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Bayern Munich, Philadelphia Flyers, Michigan Wolverines
  11. What's your favorite fish? Everything including the CUC (day and night crews)
  12. Favorite coral? All of them
  13. Favorite invert? All of them
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 55G Mixed Reef; 20G Mixed Reef; 40G Coral QT; 40G Fish QT
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Adding a 20G Invert QT with on-demand setup and building out a new 100G
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The interactions between the fish and when feeding time starts
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The fish and newer technology
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Apart from my wish list suggestions---GCs are always cool
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, corals or cleaner shrimps are cool
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope all good
  21. Shirt size? Since I still tend to shrink things in the wash, XL

Last edited:

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? US of A
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral Glue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch Manchester United play
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Hockey and 4 wheelers/dirt bikes
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? spending time with the family
  6. Do you collect anything? Man United items, and Star Wars
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office (we watch it every day)
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country and heavy metal
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Manchester United
  11. What's your favorite fish? Blotched Anthias
  12. Favorite coral? SPS
  13. Favorite invert? snails
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 50 IM Lagoon, setting up 2 50 gallon low boys now
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? setting up 500+ gallon show tank in the summer
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? my Gem Tang
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? everything, I love it all
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) anything Manchester United (xxl), star wars, anything reef
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No thank you.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) this was perfect, we love you @Santa Claus

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%

Back