Shallow Rimless 90g

scott26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey found your build. Like it so far! Any concerns about the angel eating the coral? I like that you left the back unpainted. It's nice seeing the plumbing and the craftsmanship you put into it. If only my wife would allow that.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shin how is the tank doing with regard to the sps. Maybe a FTS, just saying. :)

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey found your build. Like it so far! Any concerns about the angel eating the coral? I like that you left the back unpainted. It's nice seeing the plumbing and the craftsmanship you put into it. If only my wife would allow that.
Hey Scott, thanks for coming over! lol

Apparently its hit or miss, but I decided to take that chance (fingers crossed)! Worst case, I could keep the angel in the qt tank or look for a buyer. She started to eat pellets a few days ago, Im not too concerned. Its rather common to keep angels in SPS tanks in some countries (ie Japan).

And thanks for the positive comment!

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shin how is the tank doing with regard to the sps. Maybe a FTS, just saying. :)
Hey Cheryl!

Still in recovery from pale coral, but better PE and color. Cyano is everywhere from switching over from BP to macro algae reactor and feeding a ton, Im letting it take its course.

scott26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott, thanks for coming over! lol

Apparently its hit or miss, but I decided to take that chance (fingers crossed)! Worst case, I could keep the angel in the qt tank or look for a buyer. She started to eat pellets a few days ago, Im not too concerned. Its rather common to keep angels in SPS tanks in some countries (ie Japan).

And thanks for the positive comment!

Is there not as much of a concern with SPS over softies for angels? Last I had read a while back which may be wrong was its a gamble with any angel.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there not as much of a concern with SPS over softies for angels? Last I had read a while back which may be wrong was its a gamble with any angel.
Again its hit or miss. We'll find out in a month when i transfer the regal to the display!

kid976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its been 2 weeks since i got the regal angel. Chasing pellets now! Cant wait till I transfer to display..

That’s a nice one!! I have a small pair of juvenile regals in my reef. My larger one will occasionally will nip at new sps frags just to investigate then it leaves them alone. The smaller doesn’t even look at coral. I recommend feeding them a lot. Not to ruin your rock scape but maybe adding more live rock for it to pick at would help keep your fish from getting bored and looking at your sps.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a nice one!! I have a small pair of juvenile regals in my reef. My larger one will occasionally will nip at new sps frags just to investigate then it leaves them alone. The smaller doesn’t even look at coral. I recommend feeding them a lot. Not to ruin your rock scape but maybe adding more live rock for it to pick at would help keep your fish from getting bored and looking at your sps.
Thanks! It's great to hear that they dont bother SPS in your tank! I plan to feed them a ton as well.
The rock scape might be kinda worrisome. The regal might not find her hiding/sleeping spot.. I have to come up with something.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this tank. What a beauty.
Following!

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a month since i got the regal angel, today i moved her to display from the hospital tank! So gorgeous!

The skunk wanted to get a bit intimate with the new comer.

New corals;
RedPlanet;

Aussie Spathulata;

Browned out..

I never had luck on both SPSs tho.. wish me luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal angelfish is doing awesome, I love it! I had no idea one single fish could make this much difference!

Other fish are always hungry and very quick so the regal is eating left over food, but chasing everywhere, doesnt pick any corals, I dont think I can ask more!

As you see in the pic above, theres cyano everywhere, on the sand bed. I think this is due to taking biopellets offline while back. I have been syphoning them out during the weekly water change, but Im gonna let it take its course for now.

Tested NO3 (RedSea) and PO4 (Hanna checker) they are both 0ppm.. Corals are still pale, but target feeding ReefRoid every 3 days(-ish), and feeding the fish a ton so the regal will have more chance to get food.. see what happens!

Also made a skimmer stand with black eggcrate and PVC, just because.

in the sump;

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, any update you can share on your tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back