OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing water changes every 4~5 days. The film algae seems disappearing, so I am keeping the routine for the time being.

Pale strawberry short cake acro :(
DSC_6065.jpg

I have been feeding reef frenzy everyday for a bit over a week, see what happens. Meantime, I ordered KZ Pohl's Xtra Special, planning to dose by BRS dosing pump;
DSC_6068.jpg

Made a shelf and stay by scrap wood real quick.

Oh i got this beauty too :D It's been at the top of my list for a while, ORA Laura's Purple Polyp Acro;
DSC_6058.jpg

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your thread convince me to get an account here, its a beautiful clean tank
Thanks! Means a lot!! And welcome to R2R

What about reef roids?

also have you looked in chemipure elite to clear any contaminants that may be causing it?
Hey JB, I haven't tried either of stuff you mentioned. I will look into it especially Chemi-Pure since I dont run GAC yet.

I will keep feeding the fish ReefFrenzy cow now as far as the fish food goes, see what happens

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey nice tank man. I was going to do a 90 rimless until i read about bowing of the glass. Do you see any bowing from yours ? it will be very slightly bent.. how long did you cycle tank for ? also i noticed you don't quarantine your fish?

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey nice tank man. I was going to do a 90 rimless until i read about bowing of the glass. Do you see any bowing from yours ? it will be very slightly bent.. how long did you cycle tank for ? also i noticed you don't quarantine your fish?
Thanks! After i saw this post, i checked, and doubled checked with a long level for bowing. None. The glass is 12mm thick all around, besides, mine is a bit shallower (18" high) than conventional size, so it might be helping.

I cycled the rocks for like 2 months total i think. As far as the fish goes, i haven't qted them. Reason being, I only (well almost) get them from reputable sellers such as LiveAquaira, especially DD. I don't think i have to explain their quality. The purple tang had sign of ich, but fed the heck out of them, he's a healthy happy tankmate. I know I'm tanking a risk, but I will set up an AIO QT or "timeout" tank utilizing the 37 gallon that i have laying around.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a bit since looking in on your build. Coming along very nicely! Cant tell from the pics if you ever got a lid but Artfully Acrylic makes really nice clear mesh lids. A little pricey but very sharp and doesnt take away from the rimless look at all.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a bit since looking in on your build. Coming along very nicely! Cant tell from the pics if you ever got a lid but Artfully Acrylic makes really nice clear mesh lids. A little pricey but very sharp and doesnt take away from the rimless look at all.
Thanks Scurvy!

Ya I did look into those custom made acrylic lid, and it was a bit too much, id rather get a colony of coral or something..

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few fish pics (trying on Flikr for better photo quality)

Purple tang;

Mccosker's;

FTS;

Still tying to color up on corals. All the corals look pale/pastel than my liking. Lowered the light, still feeding Reef Frenzy everyday, dosing KZ's Pohl's Special Xtra every night. PE has gotten more on some corals, especially the microclados..

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few coral shots..

Baby Ice Stag;

Subulata

Purple rim undata;

Blue tip tenuis;

Oregon tort;

Cali tort;

Side shot, just because;

And angled FTS;

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I ordered a few fish from LiveAquaria/Diver's Den today, hoping to add more bioload to the system to help color up the corals as well.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish order wasn't too good this time. Anthias didn't make it during the shipping, trying to re-order from LiveAquaria at the moment.

Still trying to color up the corals! ggggrrrr.. Run the skimmer intermittently but the corals didn't like it.. retracted PE, so Im running the skimmer fully for now. Still feeding Reef Frenzy everyday.

Upgraded the MJ1200 to Mag 3 to feed BP. Started to run GAC in a stubby BRS media reactor.

Made a difference already, water clarity is better and better.

Mess!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back