Show me some extremely rare wrasse

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve purchased the most fish from them for my system, yet have the least of those fish in the system that made it thru at. Most wrasses died within a day or two of arrival. Another tang came cooked in the bag, holding on by a thread, but he arrived “alive”. Never ever again
Reef pro is the worst . Wouldn’t get snails from there
I purchased a super high end wrasse from Reefpro and have had no problems. It was a good experience from start to finish. They do clearly state on their terms and conditions that they only sell conditioned fish, not fully QT'd. Just saying, sorry you had a bad experience though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think this wrasse should only be available in the UK

“Honey, what this bill of 10,000£ for?”
“This bloody fairy wrasse!”
“You spent all that money on a fish you hate ?!”
……….

Note that “bloody” is a common swear word over there :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Absolutely!
Wish it was in my tank… I tend to say that about my Wrasses when they’re in the sump or back chamber!

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t you also say captive bred fish from Bali and biota were crap too and all died?

Reef pro only keeps their fish min 7 days which isn’t long enough for disease. Not even long enough to get fluke eggs. So I wouldn’t be surprised tbh if something came with parasites.

There are places that are good, I have a friend who imports, another store in NY i go to, and a QT place in low Angeles that gets their fish from quality marine. Those are good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a super high end wrasse from Reefpro and have had no problems. It was a good experience from start to finish. They do clearly state on their terms and conditions that they only sell conditioned fish, not fully QT'd. Just saying, sorry you had a bad experience though.

nothing to do with qt or not. I qt everything anyway. When a 250 dollar white tail tang last a day and a handful of wrasses last 2 days or less, there’s a problem .

meanwhile, for those same wrasses drop shipped from quality, no issues

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't long ago you could order fish from Live Aquaria and they would drop ship from Quality Marine (maybe they still do but who knows, they have been sold so many times now) and there were plenty of complains about them fish.

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't long ago you could order fish from Live Aquaria and they would drop ship from Quality Marine (maybe they still do but who knows, they have been sold so many times now) and there were plenty of complains about them fish.
Most likely when they were actually good, before the buyout . Now they come from all over

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here's my female Chameleon Broomtail wrasse, the males colors are out of control. Rare and $$$$$
20230205_143530.jpg
20230205_143622.jpg
20230205_143601.jpg
I have a juvenile I got in October. Excited to get it moved to the DT. Had an ich breakout so had to go fallow in a tank. Rearranging fish now.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Piscilineatus, u can combine it with a zebra tang as they both come.feom Mauritius.
Screenshot_20230511_084621_Gallery.jpg
Is this guy your specimen?
I love how they’re almost the minimalistic and smaller Hemitaeniatus.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back