Show me some extremely rare wrasse

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen black tangs come through stores but not too often because they're expensive. Reefpro has several in stock right now. Although they shouldn't be housed in a tank smaller than 180g.
Reef pro is the worst . Wouldn’t get snails from there

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5937.jpeg

Are you trying to tell mw this common, boring blue flasher wrasse isn't a million times uglier than this bloody fairy wrasse that is infinitely more rare!?!?
what is this book?

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the scoop on them?
I’ve purchased the most fish from them for my system, yet have the least of those fish in the system that made it thru at. Most wrasses died within a day or two of arrival. Another tang came cooked in the bag, holding on by a thread, but he arrived “alive”. Never ever again

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5938.jpeg

Great book for the wrasse nerds like me!

Look who shows up when things get spicy :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I’ve got the Volume 1 (scorpions, morays, anthias, other oddballs), and the Angel and Butterfly. The wrasse and damselfish one are too expensive on eBay for me to complete the collection!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve purchased the most fish from them for my system, yet have the least of those fish in the system that made it thru at. Most wrasses died within a day or two of arrival. Another tang came cooked in the bag, holding on by a thread, but he arrived “alive”. Never ever again
Just wanted to say;
It won’t necessarily be Reef Pro’s fault for the wrasses, those guys just don’t ship well altogether. If you look at some of the posts in the wrasse lovers thread you’ll find people have gone through 3 or more tries to get a wrasse that ships perfectly and even then that wrasse looks rather stressed.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5937.jpeg

Are you trying to tell mw this common, boring blue flasher wrasse isn't a million times uglier than this bloody fairy wrasse that is infinitely more rare!?!?
Oh, right yes that sanguineus is definitely nicer than that common cyaneus isn’t it

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, right yes that sanguineus is definitely nicer than that common cyaneus isn’t it
I do think this wrasse should only be available in the UK

“Honey, what this bill of 10,000£ for?”
“This bloody fairy wrasse!”
“You spent all that money on a fish you hate ?!”
……….

Note that “bloody” is a common swear word over there :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say;
It won’t necessarily be Reef Pro’s fault for the wrasses, those guys just don’t ship well altogether. If you look at some of the posts in the wrasse lovers thread you’ll find people have gone through 3 or more tries to get a wrasse that ships perfectly and even then that wrasse looks rather stressed.

Understood, still going to say their fault. One of the wrasses was a pintail. Had it for exactly 2 days, but system with prazi pro, it started doing flips, twitching at the bottom, cartwheeling into the pvc, finally when it stopped (only because he was dead, 5-6 minutes after prazi hit the water) you can see the little sesame seeds crawling out of his Gil’s. This 3 days inch fish must have had 25-30 flukes on him.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Volume 1 (scorpions, morays, anthias, other oddballs), and the Angel and Butterfly. The wrasse and damselfish one are too expensive on eBay for me to complete the collection!

Are you in the states? The wrasse one shows 20ish dollars. The butterfly is like 70 tho

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood, still going to say their fault. One of the wrasses was a pintail. Had it for exactly 2 days, but system with prazi pro, it started doing flips, twitching at the bottom, cartwheeling into the pvc, finally when it stopped (only because he was dead, 5-6 minutes after prazi hit the water) you can see the little sesame seeds crawling out of his Gil’s. This 3 days inch fish must have had 25-30 flukes on him.

Didn’t you also say captive bred fish from Bali and biota were crap too and all died?

Reef pro only keeps their fish min 7 days which isn’t long enough for disease. Not even long enough to get fluke eggs. So I wouldn’t be surprised tbh if something came with parasites.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you in the states? The wrasse one shows 20ish dollars. The butterfly is like 70 tho
Snagging the wrasse one! Thanks for pointing that out! I got the two that I have from an LFS for 50 bucks for the pair. I looked for the damselfish one and the cheapest I could find it was $120!!!! So I guess I just assumed the wrasses would be a similar price

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 114 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back