Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I did a 210 build with a 75 g sump that pretty much took all the under tank storage. Plus I'm in my sixties and I didn't want to have to get down under the stand to do light or wave maker adjustments. Bought an unfinished oak pantry and finished it and the stand to match. The picture is early on in construction. I added a wood gutter on the wall painted to match the wall that all the light cords run through into the pantry cabinet. It cost less than $100 and has drawers as well as cabinets, is solid oak and all my controls are mounted at eye level.
P6040124.JPG

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, it is nicely labels. very organize. Thank you for sharing.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I did a 210 build with a 75 g sump that pretty much took all the under tank storage. Plus I'm in my sixties and I didn't want to have to get down under the stand to do light or wave maker adjustments. Bought an unfinished oak pantry and finished it and the stand to match. The picture is early on in construction. I added a wood gutter on the wall painted to match the wall that all the light cords run through into the pantry cabinet. It cost less than $100 and has drawers as well as cabinets, is solid oak and all my controls are mounted at eye level.
P6040124.JPG
p6040124-jpg.247657

Any pics of how this looks when you finished it? This is really close to something I am already considering and I am curious to see the "wood gutter on the wall" that you spoke of. This is something I was thinking about too. Thanks!

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my cords travel through the gutter into the pantry cabinet where the timers and controllers are located at eye level rather than under the stand where I would have to get down on my knees to access.

georgezinser4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have two 110 gallon tanks in my living room one is a fowlr going slow a puffer and trigger secont tank is reef i had to keep both tanks separate because of water quality. My wife wanted it quieter in the living room so I took over her closet behind the tanks to 20 gallon hi sumps both with life reef skimmers DC 10000 pumps on the middle shelf is the current quarantine tank it will be moved up to the top shelf and a 10 gallon on the middle shelf as a sump also with a protein skimmer right now it is a little bit of a mess everything is controlled using Apex The one picture with the vortex is a board that I made under the tank with all the power supplies cables and search for the action for the lights

Last edited:

rmchoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the cabinet of my 75 gallon mixed reef tank. The stand is 48" wide by 40" tall which is nice for viewing without having to lean over much. With the extra cabinet height, I made an equipment shelf above the sump. The controls are mounted on the doors, which swing open. Everything else hides behind the doors, mostly electrical cords.

I use to tie cords together nice and neat, until I found how difficult it was to remove a piece of equipment. Now its accessible, fast and easy to remove any item with the cords sitting loosely on the shelf.

IMG_5572_zpshr57gqwd.jpg

It's a mess of cords, electrical outlets and transformers you don't have to look at, once the doors are closed.

IMG_0582_zps6bf14fcc.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%

Back