i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes (or at least intense eaters)

Vigorous? Absolutely! Mine have all been the exact same, but I wouldn’t say that’s messy - Messy to me is more like a lionfish or other Predatory species.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have currently got a Marcosi and have previously had Flashing Tiles and cared for most other species available except Oreni - I’m not too keen on this species anyway personally.

Messy eaters? Nope, they’re not too dissimilar to the wrasses. IMO, they are what you’d get if you mix a very personable wrasse with a Firefish.
I'll be on the lookout for one out of Australia!

Also picking up the China wrasse today! Would 1 feeding per day be sufficient?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be on the lookout for one out of Australia!

Also picking up the China wrasse today! Would 1 feeding per day be sufficient?
I’d aim for 2, but little amounts each time.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have Purples? They’re still on my list if I ever get room for another tilefish (that and another Marcosi).
This is the other question about tiles that wasn’t asked: “Do tiles last long?” IME they don’t. They seem to do great for 6-12 months then disappear. I think they fool us by looking much hardier than they really are. The aquarist takes a sigh of relief, something slightly changes, then they are gone.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vigorous? Absolutely! Mine have all been the exact same, but I wouldn’t say that’s messy - Messy to me is more like a lionfish or other Predatory species.
Lionfish eat their food whole. But yes eels make a mess.

Plzpizza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just dosed it and watched for a hour. They don’t seem to be acting different I fed them in advance. Now it’s lights off and they are in their burrows . It should be good they are going to sleep so the initial 8 hours will be less stressful.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just dosed it and watched for a hour. They don’t seem to be acting different I fed them in advance. Now it’s lights off and they are in their burrows . It should be good they are going to sleep so the initial 8 hours will be less stressful.
Add extra airstone. Prazi drops O2.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the other question about tiles that wasn’t asked: “Do tiles last long?” IME they don’t. They seem to do great for 6-12 months then disappear. I think they fool us by looking much hardier than they really are. The aquarist takes a sigh of relief, something slightly changes, then they are gone.
My marcosi is currently 7 months and I’ve had a Flashing for 6-7 months as well until he jumped.

Honestly, I do find them to be harder than other fish however that is mainly during acclimation. If in the perfect environment they tend to be easier to care for long term. This is often with many overhangs and a deep sandbed to burry in (yes, they love a deep sand where they can form their own burrows).

Plzpizza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4053.jpeg

Doing good the other one is on the right hole. Makes me doubt I dosed to begin with. I think having sand and rocks to lower stress is key

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4053.jpeg

Doing good the other one is on the right hole. Makes me doubt I dosed to begin with. I think having sand and rocks to lower stress is key
Watch out, that sand looks quite coarse. The coarser sand can lead to damages on the side of the fish which can become infected. If your display has a similarly coarse sand I would replace most of it with a finer sandbed thats around 2-3” deep.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don’t know why but it seems that over night my tilefish has gained a case of partial pop-eye. It doesn’t look too severe so I’m hoping it heals on its own.
IMG_8020.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don’t know why but it seems that over night my tilefish has gained a case of partial pop-eye. It doesn’t look too severe so I’m hoping it heals on its own.
IMG_8020.jpeg
Didn’t update this but 3 days later, this guy was looking just fine! Completely normal and didn’t seem at all affected. Here he is today, being his grouchy self yet still wanting my attention.
IMG_8185.jpeg

IMG_8184.jpeg

Please excuse the algae covered glass, the snails and tang love it but dont want it clean.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back