OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a batch of flashing tile going through the LA market right now. Lmk if anyone is interested. I know someone who has access to them. Around 3”. $200 local pickup & $260 shipped.
Seems like it’s back in season time for them, these guys seem to be seasonal and even then they come in every so often (you can go months without seeing them even when they’re in season). Luckily it seems their ‘in season’ period is much longer than some other seasonal fish.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't had issues in the past, but I know others have. I credit my past success to lots of other tankmates to draw attention away and a large tank (these are going in a 6x2x2 180 gallon, and my previous gang were in an 8x4x19" 380 gallon).

So far these 2 get along great. They're even sharing a burrow in quarantine.

20230521_213855.jpg
20230521_213848.jpg
20230521_213904.jpg
20230521_213904.jpg
Cool little guys!!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool little guys!!
Already lost both. The Randall's tile decided to slam into the glass full speed when I turned the room light on and killed itself, and the skunk tilefish ended up having both prazi resistant flukes and velvet... began cupramine and freshwater baths, but it didn't pull through.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s my favorite species!
Which tank?
The 4’ more than likely, he may start out in the nano if I feel he needs it.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big tank. All the action will push him to hit the food fast and hard imo.
Yup, that’s the plan. He’s currently sitting at my LFS reserved as he was an import and I figured it wasn’t worth the risk.

My biggest fear now is how he’ll do with Prazi and Copperpower. I’d rather not have a fish with potential copper burns.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keeping a dusky tilefish? Any pictures and how you like it so far?
Is the Dusky the H. cuniculus? If so then I’ve found this species to be another easy species compared to some others in the genus. They can be relatively jumpy compared to starckii though.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, that’s the plan. He’s currently sitting at my LFS reserved as he was an import and I figured it wasn’t worth the risk.

My biggest fear now is how he’ll do with Prazi and Copperpower. I’d rather not have a fish with potential copper burns.
Mine did fine with cupramine ramped up over the span of 4 days instead of just 2 doses. Increasing at 25% intervals every 24 hours until therapeutic range was reached. They also handled prazi no issue at the same time.

Mine died from running into the sides of the quarantine.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did fine with cupramine ramped up over the span of 4 days instead of just 2 doses. Increasing at 25% intervals every 24 hours until therapeutic range was reached. They also handled prazi no issue at the same time.

Mine died from running into the sides of the quarantine.
Thanks for the reassurance, I don’t usually QT fish (even if they’re imported I tend to put them straight into a DT where they don’t risk starving or stressing). Hopefully he’ll still be happy on Sunday.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading home with a box ;)
IMG_6571.jpeg

I do find it surprising that you don’t QT them tho.
Honestly, none of my fish are QTed unless the LFS has had them and threw them through QT at some point. I’ve been incredibly lucky with my selection of fish and not QTing as I have 3 angels, multiple wrasse and a Ctenochaetus tang among other fish.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back