Stock List Disect

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the belief that everything happens for a reason it's now time to rethink and plan my stock list. After having to move everyone to the QT because of ICH, I was forced to slow down. I would like to have the following in my tank once its all said and done. I plan on doing 30 day QT for each round.

Round 1
Scooter blenny
Firefish gobie
Pink Spotted watchman gobie
(2) Clownfish

Round 2 *where I truly need advice*
McCoskers Flasher
Red Head Salon fairy
Exquisite fairy
Melanarus

Round 3
Yellow tang
Naso tang
Powder Blue
Atlantic Blue

Round 4
Flame angel

Round 5
Blue throat trigger

125 gal, (2) Jebao pp15, 1.5 in sandbed, 110lbs live rock

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Round 1 - I would consider shifting the scooter further back in the order, unless you've got an established population of 'pods in your tank - otherwise, OK, I think.

Round 2 - If you add all four wrasses to QT at the same time, with plenty of hidey-holes (sand for the melanurus), I think you'll be OK here.

Round 3 - I'd move this to round last, and cut back on the tangs to a few favorites. Nasos, although one of the mellower tangs, can get pretty darned big (will an adult have room to turn easily?), and powderblues can be powderkegs. (They're _so_stinkin_gorgeous_, though!!)

Rounds 4 & 5 - I've got no problems here, depending on what inverts you wish to keep. Flames can become coral-nippers (mine has it in for a particular favia) and my bluethroat trigger was implicated in the disappearance of many shrimp - including cleaners.

~Bruce

OP
OP
C

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is it OK to add sand to QT? The reason I ask is of course all that I have read say's the opposite.
My plan and general attitude towards Tangs is this. Enjoy them while you can. I plan on trading them to my LFS once the start to outgrow the tank.
I have a while before I will feel comfortable with keeping corals so I can enjoy the flame until he begins to cost me money. I only have 2 peppermint shrimp that I "plan" to still have by the time the trigger is introduced. Hate to say it but they will be test dummies.

BTW, thanks for the review.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is it OK to add sand to QT? The reason I ask is of course all that I have read say's the opposite.
My plan and general attitude towards Tangs is this. Enjoy them while you can. I plan on trading them to my LFS once the start to outgrow the tank.
I have a while before I will feel comfortable with keeping corals so I can enjoy the flame until he begins to cost me money. I only have 2 peppermint shrimp that I "plan" to still have by the time the trigger is introduced. Hate to say it but they will be test dummies.

BTW, thanks for the review.
If you have a fish that Needs it, add a small container for that fish, sand burrowing wrasses for instance. But only a container of adequate size and throw the sand away when you are done.

Jonath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did just put a small pot 4" x 4" for my yellow wrasse. he sleeps at night in that pot.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back