Tank Manufacturing

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool video.

Amazing how all of that can be made there and shipped and still be in such great condition. Awesome work and workers. Thanks

No reason they should be made there. They hire cheap labor and they didn’t choose to work for WaterBox. I’m glad now that I didn’t win the grand prize, would probably sell it after seeing this video. No reason they can’t make a aquarium here in the USA unless they want to save money by using what would be illegal labor here in the states. WaterBox isn’t for me .

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good question, I’d have to look into that. I know Glass Cages is made in TN. They only do custom orders I believe.
Sad if that’s the case. Why else would you build them 1/2 way around the world unless you’re getting away with something you can’t do here. I here ya, just speaking my mind.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. And I agree. But almost everything we use is made in China. And it’s because it’s cheap labor. It’s all about the Benjamin’s.
I’m personally over it and have made a effort recently to change my ways. If there isnt enough American Aquarium manufacturers then that tells me their is a void that needs to be filled. With the high prices of today’s top aquariums tell me you couldn’t make a aquarium cheaper without shipping it across the Pacific....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
glency

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No reason they should be made there. They hire cheap labor and they didn’t choose to work for WaterBox. I’m glad now that I didn’t win the grand prize, would probably sell it after seeing this video. No reason they can’t make a aquarium here in the USA unless they want to save money by using what would be illegal labor here in the states. WaterBox isn’t for me .
This being said, what brands are USA made?

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re on this forum using a device (or device with components) that was mostly if not entirely made in China or some other overseas “sweat shop” :p

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re on this forum using a device (or device with components) that was mostly if not entirely made in China or some other overseas “sweat shop” :p
Cheaper products for us slave labor for them. I’m personally over it and have made a effort recently to change my ways. If there isnt enough American Aquarium manufacturers then that tells me their is a void that needs to be filled. With the high prices of today’s top aquariums tell me you couldn’t make a aquarium cheaper without shipping it across the Pacific....
That’s why I have recently made a effort. Not throwing anything away but future purchases I’ll do my research. I agree with you, we’ve both brought up the obvious. I’m not one to endorse or call for boycotts. Tell you the truth , I’ve never thought about aquariums /products made in our country. Not sure why I assumed these bigger manufacturers were made here. After watching the video those were my first thoughts. I’m going to make a effort to research good American companies that make their products in the United States or other respectable free run countries. I’m over sourcing out peoples lives to get a cheaper gadget. I’m not saying USA only (although preferred) just not countries that use their citizens for cheap labor. Also I’m not saying WaterBox is a bad company or talking bad about them. Just not for me.

Back