Tank Manufacturing

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I have recently made a effort. Not throwing anything away but future purchases I’ll do my research. I agree with you, we’ve both brought up the obvious. I’m not one to endorse or call for boycotts. Tell you the truth , I’ve never thought about aquariums /products made in our country. Not sure why I assumed these bigger manufacturers were made here. After watching the video those were my first thoughts. I’m going to make a effort to research good American companies that make their products in the United States or other respectable free run countries. I’m over sourcing out peoples lives to get a cheaper gadget. I’m not saying USA only (although preferred) just not countries that use their citizens for cheap labor. Also I’m not saying WaterBox is a bad company or talking bad about them. Just not for me.
You do realize that made in China doesn’t mean it’s sweat shop labor in all cases right? Have you ever been to China and seen any of these manufacturers in person?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More people would do custom I feel like if the metal stands werent$ 2k sometimes that isnt even skinned with doors . I mean i understand the costs but I feel like that plays a big part for the popularity of red sea , waterbox, IM tanks . Of course if I was handy and could build one I would do it . Most glass does comes from overseas though . Almost all your homes windows ( not all , there are some for sure ) come from 3 huge manufacturers in China and built to American company's specs

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I am surprised no one mentioned Elos. they are the OG in making simply minimalist tanks, and I won't be surprised if red rea and the likes copied off of them. If anyone doesn't want made in China tanks, and don't mind the extra $$ by going non chinese. Elos is your company.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I am surprised no one mentioned Elos. they are the OG in making simply minimalist tanks, and I won't be surprised if red rea and the likes copied off of them. If anyone doesn't want made in China tanks, and don't mind the extra $$ by going non chinese. Elos is your company.
I had an Elos, beautiful tank. The problem is getting them in America. They are constantly closing down us operations. The current company they work with here seems to be non functional at the moment. Great aquariums if you live in Europe, getting them here sucks. It also looks like they discontinued their smaller options like the mini and midi.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 112 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%
Back